Wish Global Setup Presets

Orvillain

Power User
So quite a few scenarios involve tweaking some of the global settings. It might be nice to have presets for these. So you can load up a bunch of global preference settings at the touch of a button, rather than having to tweak them from scenario to scenario.

I think Fractal-Bot is the solution to this. Just back up the System settings for your different scenarios. They're super fast to load in.

This functionality would be nice to have. I change global config setting quite often during sessions and some qiuck presets would help a lot.

I think Fractal-Bot is the solution to this. Just back up the System settings for your different scenarios. They're super fast to load in.
I think this is a bad user experience for a feature that would be very useful to have built into the unit. Or at least a feature on Axe-Edit if the Axe-Fx 3 lacks the storage space. Files stored locally on your computer and then Axe-Edit can just swap between them by having the user select from a menu rather than load them using Fractalbot.

I could use different global settings for e.g these usecases:
  • Using real guitar cabs (disable cab sim)
  • Using studio monitors (different output EQ)
  • Using headphones (different output EQ)
  • Using FRFR speakers for live (again different output EQ)
  • IR capture (have to rearrange cables because I normally use Out 2 for my studio monitors because there is no separate headphone control)
In the current system all of these require tweaking multiple settings, different presets or using workarounds.

I first asked Global setup preset in the ancient Standard era, just before Ultra time... :)

+10 on presets for the Global Settings and/or the I/O menus.

There could be a tab added to the Global Settings menu called "Config Presets" or something to that effect. You could save up to 16 or however many is feasible, select/tweak/name any of them, save them with a name like "Live" or "Headphones" and then on the "Config" tab of Global Settings you could select which preset is currently loaded, or modify it and then save your changes.

I use different global settings for example when I use external effects (using out3/in3) as send/return. Or when I use my axe direct on PA or in input to a reale power amp and cab.
Different settings when I use axe like as usb-mixer in studio or when I use it like as preamp-multifx for my guitar, vocal, bassist and acoustic guitar together.
Global settings presets, is a function that I wish from much time…
+1000000000000000

I want a feature along these lines too. Specifically for me, it would be nice to have multiple output EQs for each output channel and even nicer if I could name them. For example, I'd like to be able to set Output 1 EQ to a saved configuration I've named "Studio Monitors" for when I'm playing at home through a pair of desktop studio monitors, but then be able to change Output 1 EQ to a different saved configuration I've named "Wedge Monitor" for when I'm playing live.

Back
Top Bottom