Global reverbmix do not work on 11.03 (solved)

It does here.

Note that when Global Mix is On in the Reverb block, both Reverb Mix and Effects Mix affect the reverb level.

What's the logic behind that?

It's perfectly logical. It fits the description of the controls in the manual.

REVERB MIX:
Allows you to boost or cut the MIX setting across all REVERB blocks in all presets at once. Note that an offset applied here will NOT be reflected in the value shown in the EDIT menu of the actual Reverb blocks. This capability is provided to compensate for the fact that certain performance spaces may require more or less reverb “across the board.”

EFFECTS MIX:
This parameter allows you to boost or cut the setting of the MIX parameter of all blocks for which the GLOBAL MIX parameter is set to “ON.” This switch must be enabled on a per-block/per-preset basis and is available on the following block types: (...). This feature is provided so you can design presets with the built-in ability to compensate for how different performance spaces may require more or less “wet” mix.

It's perfectly logical. It fits the description of the controls in the manual.
[...]

Question: does that mean, that the "global reverb mix" affects every reverb block in every patch, regardless of a patch's "global mix" switch ? If yes, that seems to be not the best way because in certain routings or special FX patches you'd want the reverb unchanged while needing to adjust your normal reverbs to the acoustics of the room.

My understanding was (and hence me questioning the logic), that the "global reverb mix" would work only reverb blocks with "global mix = on" whilst the "global FX mix" setting would affect every effect but the reverb.
This would enable the user to control a global offset for reverb and other effects independently, which IMHO makes much sense, given the special nature or reverberance.

Both global settings affecting the reverb seems redundant to me.

In my axe I turned down global reverbmix to zero, and the reverbeffect didn´t even decrease one dB.
It should turn totally dry I suppose.
And yes , the globalmix-box in the reverb-block is checked.

My reverb-block is a global reverb-block, if that could count for something.

It does here.

Note that when Global Mix is On in the Reverb block, both Reverb Mix and Effects Mix affect the reverb level.

I think It should only affect the reverb-blocks that has the global mix-box checked...

Question: does that mean, that the "global reverb mix" affects every reverb block in every patch, regardless of a patch's "global mix" switch ? If yes, that seems to be not the best way because in certain routings or special FX patches you'd want the reverb unchanged while needing to adjust your normal reverbs to the acoustics of the room.

My understanding was (and hence me questioning the logic), that the "global reverb mix" would work only reverb blocks with "global mix = on" whilst the "global FX mix" setting would affect every effect but the reverb.
This would enable the user to control a global offset for reverb and other effects independently, which IMHO makes much sense, given the special nature or reverberance.

Both global settings affecting the reverb seems redundant to me.

In my axe I turned down global reverbmix to zero, and the reverbeffect didn´t even decrease one dB.
It should turn totally dry I suppose.
And yes , the globalmix-box in the reverb-block is checked.

My reverb-block is a global reverb-block, if that could count for something.

To zero? It goes from +50 to -50.

Back
Top Bottom