Global Pitch for Detuning?

Here is my situation. About 50% of the songs we play are tuned 1/2 step down. And sometimes we may go 1/2 step down on the fly if the singer's voice if getting tired or he's sick. Is there a way to assign a button on the AX8 to instantly change the pitch globally to a 1/2 step drop tuning? I've only had my AX8 for about a week so this is still really new for me. Thanks.

there is no "global detune the whole guitar" function. you can setup a Pitch block in each preset if you want.

but since this is so often, i would instead suggest buying any one of the pitch/detune pedals from Digitech or TC Electronic, etc. and add it between your guitar and AX8. then you don't have to use up CPU having that block in all your presets, it doesn't take up a switch, etc.

if you did this sometimes, i'd say setup a few presets. but i'd rather use a dedicated external pedal in your situation.

if you do want to try the AX8 pitch block, use

Fixed Harmony
Pitch = -1
Voice 2 level = 0
Mix = 100%

but why not just play 1/2 step down 100% of the time?

Use the pitch block (but it really takes up alot of cpu) and control the pitch value with an expression pedal or a scene controller.
-1 pitch seems fine to me and I use it in some songs too. But at -2 and beyond that the pitch starts to get noticeable latency. With fast soloing -2 can allready be annoying rhythm playing still works ok.
I would suggest using one guitar always 1/2 step down so you can pitch up or down +1 or -1 for every song without to much latency.
Or just use one guitar standard tuning and a second one 1/2 step down

Gonna agree with just having a guitar standing by that is 1/2 step down just so you don't have to do ANYTHING besides switch to it. Second option I would do is (and I have one) get the Pitch Fork pedal - it works really good and has other features that are pretty cool. If neither of those are appealing to you, I believe @Glenn DeLaune has a preset that dropped the guitar 1/2 step so I think it's possible with the AX8. He may be able to offer some tips in that area.

Good luck and welcome!

Back
Top Bottom