Global Perform Pages Confusion

22 frets

Experienced
I think I asked this question once before here, but now I can’t find it and I am getting all “wrapped around the axle” again. When I think of ”perform pages global”, I think of parameter that apply to all presets. When I think of “global per preset”, I think of parameters that only apply to the preset I am currently on. So why is it that if I set the parameters on the global performance page for a preset and then scroll through the presets do I see the values changing. I would expect this on the per preset screen, but what am I not understanding about the “global” page. BTW, it does the same on my FM9 and FM3, so clearly I have a misunderstanding of how global performance pages work and not a hardware issue. Someone please enlighten me. 😬. grrrr…..

The Global Performance page doesn't change when you change presets. The Per-Preset Performance page is unique to each preset.

In other words, if you ALWAYS want to be able to quickly adjust the scene volume on any preset, you would add those to the Global; if you only have phaser in one preset, then you would add the phase depth parameter (for instance) to the Per-Preset Performance page.

I'm not sure what you're asking, to be honest. Was this any help?

Also - "wrapped around the axel"... fellow Army Soldier?

FWIW, my global performance page has scene volumes for scenes 1-4 and the Output 1 volume on the top row. On the bottom row, I have the metronome volume, amp drive and volume, reverb mix, and delay mix.

What I do for each preset is "copy all" from global to per-preset, and then substitute in any parameters I may need specifically for that preset. I'll also delete the extra scene volumes if I don't use all 4 scenes. I think I only have one preset that I have 4 scenes.

Took me a few minutes to set up since I have about 30 regularly-used presets, but now that it's all set up, it's good to go. Frankly, I'm not sure what to even use the global performance page for now other than using it as a sort of "clipboard" to copy from for per-preset performance pages.

When I think of “global per preset”
Where do you get global per preset? It’s Per-Preset Perform Controls or Global Perform Controls. “Global Per Preset” doesn’t make sense as they describe 2 opposite things: Global or Per-Preset.

So why is it that if I set the parameters on the global performance page for a preset and then scroll through the presets do I see the values changing.
Because when you change presets, those parameters are changing in all your blocks so the preset sounds different.

There are 2 Perform Pages: Global and Per-Preset.

For Per-Preset, the Controls you set on that page can be changed per preset. the CONTROLS, not the values.

For Global, the Controls you set on that page are the same no matter what preset you select. the CONTROLS, not the values.

Global Perform Pages do not set the values of parameters the same for all presets. Just what Controls appear on that page. They change values because the values are different in different presets.

The Values are not locked in by Perform Pages. Perform Pages give you quick access to Controls you choose to put there so you can change them quickly.

Not sure if this answers your question, but the performance pages are copies of some of the controls that exist in each preset.

The controls shown on the Global page are the same ones for every preset, but you can choose different ones for each preset for the Per Preset page.

That's just about WHICH controls are there. The actual VALUES shown on both pages always reflect the settings in the current preset, so you'll see them change as you navigate through presets.

Make sense?

@chris

Global Perform Pages do not set the values of parameters the same for all presets. Just what Controls appear on that page. They change values because the values are different in different presets.

That’s it. I was thinking of it like BMT knobs on the face of an amp. Set it once and it applies to all channels, etc. in this case global and per preset refer to the set of ”controls”. Now it makes sense. Thanks very much!

Last edited:
Not sure if this answers your question, but the performance pages are copies of some of the controls that exist in each preset.

The controls shown on the Global page are the same ones for every preset, but you can choose different ones for each preset for the Per Preset page.

That's just about WHICH controls are there. The actual VALUES shown on both pages always reflect the settings in the current preset, so you'll see them change as you navigate through presets.

Make sense?
Yep. It does now. Good explanation. Thank you!

Where do you get global per preset? It’s Per-Preset Perform Controls or Global Perform Controls.
That was a mistake, I meant to say Global Perform Controls Thanks for catching that and for your explanation. I think I am back on track now. Sometimes I end up down a rabbit whole and over think this stuff. 🤓

Thinking back about this whole issue, I know what could have helped me with this. I think if they had named it Performance Controller Page instead of Performance Control Page I might have picked up on it sooner. Anyway, I think I have beat this horse enough. 🤭

Back
Top Bottom