Global parameter for Performance Screen

karmar

Inspired
THANKS TO CLIFF FOR DOING THE PERFORMANCE MODE!!!! THIS WILL BE SUCH A GREAT TOOL FOR ME!

Here is HippieTim's post relating to global parameters on the new performance screen:

The issue with per-preset and global options is what to do when saving/sharing a preset. If I have global assignments for 7-10 and I try to use your preset that overrides that, I've lost my global configuration.

I think for a per-preset/global mechanism to work smoothly, we would want to have something similar to what the FC does.

With the FC, this is addressed by the notion of having per-preset placeholders as well as per-preset overrides. Per-preset placeholders are basically non-invasive - IOW, they will not supersede any other footswitch, they only go where there is space available. Per-preset overrides are invasive, they supersede any existing function assigned to a footswitch. There is a global option to block per-preset overrides so your preset cannot mess with my FC layout.

So, would either of HippieTim's suggestions allow a global parameter (or any parameter for that matter) to behave like a foot controller? For example - when I assign a foot controller to be a volume pedal, the FX3 remembers the previous footpedal setting when I change presets - so the volume I set in one preset is consistent with the next preset. I guess with a foot pedal the FX3 actually reads the pedal value when presets change and adjusts accordingly. So, it would be nice if we could set up performance parameters that also behaved like that. But then it seems like we would need some kind of "revert to saved value" option to reset everything back to original saved values. Or we could just reset by turning the FX3 off and back on...

Back
Top Bottom