Wish Global Mixer option - Either mixer block or Output block for use with perform tab

Chad Beattie

Experienced
I'm working on a multi-instrument setup. Here is the intial routing:

Electric Guitar to Input 1. Then through amp/cab/effects to Output 1 (Stereo)

Bass to Input 2 - Left (Row 3). Then through amp/cab/effects to Output 2. Amp is using left input

Vocal Mic to Input 2 - Right (Row 4). Then through volume block to grab the right input. Misc effects, then to Output 2.

Now using either a mixer block or the mixer settings of OUT 2 block, I can add the Row 3 and Row 4 level knobs to the Peform tab to fine tune the output level of Bass and Mic independently. Kind of like a virtual version of OUT2

The issue is once I change to a new preset the level settings for Row 3 and 4 are not global and thus lost. I would like to use several presets with this same setup, adjust the output levels using the above method, and then save the preset. Then moving to the next preset, the mixer settings are recalled.

Is there a better method to do this? My main concern is sound folks needing me to turn up/down the bass or vocal independently. If I use the physical knob, it of course affects both. I can use the virtual knobs via perform tab, but then would have to quickly do the same for each preset.

I know that I still have Inputs 3 and 4 and output 3 and 4, but those may also be used up eventually so looking to see how you can maximize the stereo pairs of ins/outs in the best manner.

Thanks

Looks like a work around could be to use VolPan block since they can be set global. Then add the VolPan level to the Global Peform tab and label them accordingly. Just uses up VolPan blocks which you may need for something else.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 8.19.10 AM.png

I'm working on a multi-instrument setup. Here is the intial routing:

Electric Guitar to Input 1. Then through amp/cab/effects to Output 1 (Stereo)

Bass to Input 2 - Left (Row 3). Then through amp/cab/effects to Output 2. Amp is using left input

Vocal Mic to Input 2 - Right (Row 4). Then through volume block to grab the right input. Misc effects, then to Output 2.

Now using either a mixer block or the mixer settings of OUT 2 block, I can add the Row 3 and Row 4 level knobs to the Peform tab to fine tune the output level of Bass and Mic independently. Kind of like a virtual version of OUT2

The issue is once I change to a new preset the level settings for Row 3 and 4 are not global and thus lost. I would like to use several presets with this same setup, adjust the output levels using the above method, and then save the preset. Then moving to the next preset, the mixer settings are recalled.

Is there a better method to do this? My main concern is sound folks needing me to turn up/down the bass or vocal independently. If I use the physical knob, it of course affects both. I can use the virtual knobs via perform tab, but then would have to quickly do the same for each preset.

I know that I still have Inputs 3 and 4 and output 3 and 4, but those may also be used up eventually so looking to see how you can maximize the stereo pairs of ins/outs in the best manner.

Thanks
Why not send vocals to, say, Out3? Then you get a permanent physical volume knob for vox.

Why not send vocals to, say, Out3? Then you get a permanent physical volume knob for vox.

Yes, that would work for now. But as mentioned I may end up using those for something else. Long term hope is to have an electric, acoustic, bass, keyboard, and vocal mic all plugged in at once using up 5 or 6 of the inputs. Not all instruments are used at the same time, but from song to song you may switch from playing electric and bass to keys and acoustic. Then CPU is not as much of an issue as you only need blocks and routing in place for instruments used during specific songs.

I guess another work around I just thought of would be to use the mixer blocks or output blocks to split things out and adjust initial levels at home to get them as even as possible and a usable level for FOH (ie, no clipping). Then copy the mixer block/output block to all presets that will be used in the set. Then at the gig send all 8 outputs to FOH and they can deal with leveing things out.

This is all a work in progress so it may turn out that these are all non-issues. It just appears initially that with the addition of the perform screen you could now easily adjust things via front panel that would be more of a pain to do previously. But the items I'm using are not global and thus it has to be re-done for every preset.

Back
Top Bottom