Wish "Global" Low Req Freq for Amp Block

ducci1012

As someone who bounces around multiple cabs and setups depending where I am (home I'm direct or going through my 4x12, 2x12 at some rehearsals, buddy's 4x12 when playing at his place, etc.), it is quite tedious to alter my patches in regard to the low res frequency setting. I find that this makes a huge difference in feel when using an actual guitar cab, but I basically have to either go into all of my presets and edit this on every amp block (and channel), or keep different patches for different places that are basically identical. When I want to change something, now I have to remember what I changed and move it all around. .

Would it be possible to add this as a global setting? My thoughts are it should have two modes: "preset" where you set it on the actual block exactly as today, or "override" and all amps use the same low res frequency that is set globally. This would be a huge improvement for me across different environments.

Not what you wanted, but there is a new 'Batch Setter' function in the editor that would allow you to change that parameter's value for a specific channel, or all channels of multiple presets.

Global output EQ may work. Set to parametric, it has a low cut section....
Low resonance frequency isn't quite just an EQ thing, it changes the amp modeling in relation to interaction with a virtual speaker. Since my days on the Axe FX II, this is literally the secret sauce for getting it 100% on par with the real thing through a cab. Thank you for the tip though!

Not what you wanted, but there is a new 'Batch Setter' function in the editor that would allow you to change that parameter's value for a specific channel, or all channels of multiple presets.
Ah, I didn't know this was in there. This is really helpful for now, but would still really love a definitive global setting. Thank you for the help!

Back
Top Bottom