Closed Global Looper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rublalup

Inspired
It would be very useful (for me at least) that the looper was “outside” the blocks. Being able to activar it independent that if It exists in the preset. Like an external one would do it

You'd still need a block or options to tell the Axe where to put it in the chain, unless it would default to right before the Output(s). Even so - it would still be easier to add the looper block where you want it than find the global looper block and change the settings based on where you'd want it.

That said, if it defaulted to right before the Output(s), I'd be on board - as long as it didn't take up CPU, since with the FM3 that's already in short supply.

How do you see it being implemented best?

Downside to a looper fixed at the end of the chain, so to speak, is that then you can’t change amp settings etc and hear changes in the loop like you can when you put it before the amp block. The flexibility in positioning the block where you need it, and the different things that allows you to do with it, are a big part of what makes it’s such a great flexible tool, IMO

Downside to a looper fixed at the end of the chain, so to speak, is that then you can’t change amp settings etc and hear changes in the loop like you can when you put it before the amp block. The flexibility in positioning the block where you need it, and the different things that allows you to do with it, are a big part of what makes it’s such a great flexible tool, IMO
Agreed. I’d only be for this if there were both a global looper and a per-preset looper block.

Right before the output would be ideal; except for when you needed to easily audition cabs or make other blocks' changes. You'd need to be able to move it no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom