Wish Global Looper

DaveZ

Inspired
Maybe something for the next iteration but I think it would be quite handy to just have a global looper that is always available. Regardless of what patch you are on when the inspiration to loop hits you would have it available.

Dave

Maybe something for the next iteration but I think it would be quite handy to just have a global looper that is always available. Regardless of what patch you are on when the inspiration to loop hits you would have it available.

Dave
Been asked before... Good idea, but would be limiting because where would the Looper get placed? Different people have different uses for the Looper, and thus the placement in the grid.

Been asked before... Good idea, but would be limiting because where would the Looper get placed? Different people have different uses for the Looper, and thus the placement in the grid.
The FX8 has a global looper with the option of placing the looper at any input or output. What would make it more difficult or impossible with the AX8?

The FX8 has a global looper with the option of placing the looper at any input or output. What would make it more difficult or impossible with the AX8?
I guess with that limitation, it could be useful to some folks. Probably better than nothing. ;)

I guess with that limitation, it could be useful to some folks. Probably better than nothing. ;)
I don't understand how this would be a "limitation" with the AX8. If the looper needed to be placed at a specific point in the chain, the FX Loop block would be added and the looper assigned to either the IN 2 or OUT 2. This would allow it to be placed anywhere the current Looper block can.

This is the one of the few things I was bummed about in the AX8 that didn't carry over from the FX8. Definitely would be a nice feature to have.

I don't understand how this would be a "limitation" with the AX8. If the looper needed to be placed at a specific point in the chain, the FX Loop block would be added and the looper assigned to either the IN 2 or OUT 2. This would allow it to be placed anywhere the current Looper block can.

This is the one of the few things I was bummed about in the AX8 that didn't carry over from the FX8. Definitely would be a nice feature to have.
Because that's not global.

If I want a Looper in all my presets at a specific location that is not the start or end, then I couldn't do that without adding it to each preset. Thus, this is a limitation to a "global" Looper.

Note that I still think it's a good idea, even with that limit.

Because that's not global.

If I want a Looper in all my presets at a specific location that is not the start or end, then I couldn't do that without adding it to each preset. Thus, this is a limitation to a "global" Looper.

Note that I still think it's a good idea, even with that limit.
The looper would be globally assigned to a location. I don't see the difference between assigning the FX8's looper to either IN POST or OUT POST and assigning it to the AX8's IN 2 or OUT 2. The fact that the AX8 requires the FX Loop block in order to 'activate' IN 2 or OUT 2 doesn't mean it can't or wouldn't be a global assignment.

I've only used it at the very end of my chain. In my mind that is the ideal location but that's only because I lay down the loop with all the processing that I want in it.

The looper would be globally assigned to a location. I don't see the difference between assigning the FX8's looper to either IN POST or OUT POST and assigning it to the AX8's IN 2 or OUT 2. The fact that the AX8 requires the FX Loop block in order to 'activate' IN 2 or OUT 2 doesn't mean it can't or wouldn't be a global assignment.

There are how many grid positions? How do you define assigning it to a particular one that works globally (i.e., on ALL presets)?

Anyway... I'm done. I don't need to argue and it is a useful feature even if only at the start of end.

There are how many grid positions? How do you define assigning it to a particular one that works globally (i.e., on ALL presets)?

Anyway... I'm done. I don't need to argue and it is a useful feature even if only at the start of end.
Thought we were having a discussion but whatever man.

Thought we were having a discussion but whatever man.
We were - a circular one, in which I point out what I see as a limitation and what you then try to tell me is not a limitation.

We have different opinions and I don't have the energy to keep saying the same thing. No need to take it personally.

This would be a great idea. If just because I add it to every preset anyway, but also because it would prevent the gap in the running audio of the loop when switching presets.
And to piggyback another looper wish, it would be for a 1 button looper...press the block to record, press again to stop recording and go into overdub and a double press to stop.

I think the choice to not set it global is simply due to the limit in CPU usage you may experience...

AX8's capabilities - if you use a cranked amp, a couple of drives, some modulation and a high res reverb.... - are limited.
A Global looper perhaps would make things worse without the user even realizing that.

I think the choice to not set it global is simply due to the limit in CPU usage you may experience...

AX8's capabilities - if you use a cranked amp, a couple of drives, some modulation and a high res reverb.... - are limited.
A Global looper perhaps would make things worse without the user even realizing that.
As with the FX8, the looper could have the option of being disabled.

Back
Top Bottom