Global Input Impedance?

bstoner

Inspired
Is there any way to set the input impedance globally? I really dislike the auto 1m setting for any preset or guitar.

It seems to add thin sounding high end. Much better when set to 1m+cap

No there isn't.
Just an FYI, unless you have an effect block active at the front of the chain that changes the impedance, it will use 1m
(edit for correctness).

it works like a much like the real effects would.

Last edited:
It seems like more then slight treble roll off to me. The strings have a much fuller sound with 1m+cap. And when rolling off the guitars volume you don't get that thin string syndrome. :shock

Actually I think the auto 1m setting actually makes the axe sound fake and digital sounding. 1m+cap sounds way better for both frfr and power amp and cab. Try it.

Of course that is just my opinion.

Actually I think the auto 1m setting actually makes the axe sound fake and digital sounding. 1m+cap sounds way better for both frfr and power amp and cab. Try it.

I prefer the stock 1m for my setup.Most of the time I run wireless which make the impedance selection largely irrelevant (the same would be true for active pickups or any buffered signal before the Axe-fx). If I do run wired, it is usually because I am running into a real fuzz first.

"fake and digital sounding" ? so in other words you're saying that anyone out there who might still believe the Axe sounds "digital" should just hear it set to anything but 1m and would immediately go "oh yes, now it sounds analog" :) ?

I've tried all of them and none sounds "fake and digital" IMHO. soundwise, in very simple terms, it just rolls off treble...

Reactions: yek
although I must say FW15 is by far the best i have ever heard my axe sound. Even sounds pretty good out of my qsc k12's and thats never happened.

yes to me the the fake process high added by a BBE is what i would describe it as. changing the input impedance seems to get rid of it. thats why i would like to do it globally.

Back
Top Bottom