Global EQ settings

dvm7952

Ive noticed the Global EQ is a little muffled on the Axe FX 2. I've adjusted it, I was just wondering if others usually adjust the global EQ? If so what are your settings?

Jackson KE2 with EMG81x bridge EMG60x neck

are you saying the global eq controls are muffled? or that without eq, the axe sounds muffled?

what speakers are you using?

With the EQ set flat (factory default) the Fractal (especially the JCM800 model) sounds a little muffled). Does anyone else tweak the Global EQ of the Axe Fx2, not the amp eq.

I tend to see the Global EQs as 'environment' eqs rather than tone shapers on the Axe2 - the Ultra generally benefited more from tweaking at Global stage but the eq in the Axe2 amp blocks seems to get me the tones I can work with.

I envisage using the Global eqs more when I play in a room so I can 'tune' to it by cutting or boosting some frequencies.

How are you using the outs? Out 1 -> Studio Monitors? Out 2 -> Amp/Cab? If there's a cab block in your chain there's a lot of tone comes from it and it's worth trying a few parameters in there too - or put a PEQ in the chain just before output

Very funny. OUt 1 is going to studio monitors. Out 2 is going to a wireless monitoring system. Out 1 sounds muffled.

If im the only one that thinks it sounds muffled, then I probably need to tweak it more. Today I had a 1x12 6505+ in the same room and same volume as the Fractal going straight into Studio monitors. I could hear the difference. Tone was good on both, but the fractal sounded a bit muffled, especially taking a tube screamer out of the chain on the JCM800 model.

do you play any music through the rokits? does it sound muffled too or only the axe fx?

through the out 2 wireless, does it not sound muffled at all?

With the EQ set flat (factory default) the Fractal (especially the JCM800 model) sounds a little muffled). Does anyone else tweak the Global EQ of the Axe Fx2, not the amp eq.

I'm going to make a guess that it is more likely to be the amp block and / or cab block settings rather than the overall EQ..
tighten up the tone in these two blocks and things should improve for you..

I had the same problem and I tried global eq but then some patches sounded metalic. I reverted back to flat EQ but increased my input to 90% instead of the 70% that it was at and I think things sound better now.

I too thought the exact same thing sounding muffled when my AxeFx 2XL+ came in a couple months ago. This was through studio monitors. I was using both GEQ in amp blocks (I run 2 amp 2 cabs) and running a 3rd GEQ by itself near the end of chain for added tone shaping. This work out great until I got my FRFR 212 cab and holy shit, too much bass!!!! I found that if I bypass the last GEQ and rework both amps GEQ's and then use the 3rd one for final shaping, the bass was now much better and the cab sounded better for that environmental setting I'm in.

Back
Top Bottom