Global EQ levels

I roll off around 5-6db on the lowest band, everything else flat.

Tho that's purely for recording, the patches I made universally needed that cut so I made it global.

I don't currently use the II live, I'm too dependant on it in the studio to take on the road. I'm awaiting 2 more units before it becomes my live rig also.

design your sounds with it flat. then if you get to a gig and there is too much bass on all your patches, roll off some, or mids, or highs. but when you go back to adjusting tones, make sure this goes back to flat.

i pretty much roll off some lows and highs at every gig for my monitor send since the volume is louder, but i leave the FOH flat... maybe drop some highs since all the sound guys here like to turn them up on the mixer for some reason.

Mine are flat too. Adjustments, if needed, are made on the spot, but they typically need no adjustment.

I think if you're used to mixing already it helps, cuz you automatically know what to do to make it sound good in a live situation or in a band context, so you set it up like that, and when you plug in at the gig, it just sounds right, save for the odd trouble freq here and there, but that's always venue specific.

Back
Top Bottom