Global effects bypass IA

craiguitar

Power User
Hi,
If I would like to set a single IA switch/CC to act as a bypass for a range of effects (such as delays, reverbs etc) in any given preset, I figure there are a couple of ways to achieve this. Anyone have any suggestions on the best/easiest way to do it?
Thanks,

Set their bypasses to the same CC# in the I/O menu, or if you want more options per preset, use an External as bypass modifier of each block.

With the first method you can still assign a bypass modifier to exclude the block from its usual group, forcing it to stay on or be switched by a separate (External) IA.

How about setting up the patch with the effects bypassed, turn on what you want after selecting the patch, and then just press the patch switch again and it will default back to the original patch with effects turned off. Simple way to do it, but might not work for your situation.

How about setting up the patch with the effects bypassed, turn on what you want after selecting the patch, and then just press the patch switch again and it will default back to the original patch with effects turned off. Simple way to do it, but might not work for your situation.

An interesting way of doing it. However you'd need to be quick remembering to turn the stuff on/off every time you change preset. Bakerman suggested attaching a modifier to bypass all the effects blocks. I think this is likely the best way to do it, but having just tried it I got a bit lost. I searched the wiki to no avail. How would I set this up?

Nav. to "byp. mode" control of a block, press enter, set source to some External. If you swap the start & end values the switching logic will reverse (IA off = effect on). Repeat for other blocks if you want, save preset. At I/O menu, CTRL page: the setting for the External you used should match the the IA's CC#.

If you plan to have a certain block in the group most of the time, using its I/O bypass instead of a modifier would save some time. Example: you could set Delay1 Byp and External 4 to the same CC#. Then Delay 1 would (normally, unless bypass modifier assigned) be switched by that CC#, and External 4 would allow other uses per preset.

Nav. to "byp. mode" control of a block, press enter, set source to some External. If you swap the start & end values the switching logic will reverse (IA off = effect on). Repeat for other blocks if you want, save preset. At I/O menu, CTRL page: the setting for the External you used should match the the IA's CC#.

If you plan to have a certain block in the group most of the time, using its I/O bypass instead of a modifier would save some time. Example: you could set Delay1 Byp and External 4 to the same CC#. Then Delay 1 would (normally, unless bypass modifier assigned) be switched by that CC#, and External 4 would allow other uses per preset.

Fantastic, I understand it now, you explained it really well thanks.

Back
Top Bottom