Global Effect Bypass State Applied To All Patches?

Tonemaster

Inspired
I have A Global Drive and I'd like it to be enabled/ bypassed depending on the patch. However, I'm fiinding that when I change the bypass state in a given patch, all the other patches pick up that state.

Does this sound correct? I hope this is not the intended behavior (i.e. a bug) or I'm doing something wrong as this will dramatically change how I use...or if I use Globals.

Thanks

Yes, that is exactly the intended behavior.
That's why I (have to) keep two Globals for each fx block. Global 1 for the bypassed state, Global 2 for the engaged state.

Yes, that is exactly the intended behavior.
That's why I (have to) keep two Globals for each fx block. Global 1 for the bypassed state, Global 2 for the engaged state.

Bummer...not what I was hoping to hear. It does clarify my options though so thanks for the reply.

I'll probably do as you do and since I wouldn't expect to have more than 5 globals for a given effect that will work. Just have to remember to update both copies.

I do love the global concept and otherwise find it extremely helpful in managing my presets. I'm working through some bugs with globals in AE but between that and the front panel I'm able to manage everything I need to.

Thanks!

You could also set the IA as general use (Axe-FX function = none) so the MFC preset determines the initial state.

Back
Top Bottom