Closed Global Cab sim off doesn't effect headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

madbanjoman

I noticed that when I have my FM3 setup for using a guitar cab instead of FRFR, the headphones out reflects those adjustments.

I can't think of any reason for the headphones out to have cab sim turned off. I know it's a global setting but instead of on or off maybe it could be list of the different combinations of outputs: off, output 1, output 2, output 1 + output 2, all

I think the problem here is that the Cab is part of the grid - you either have it on, or off. Since you can place it anywhere in the signal chain (and have no fixed output routing), it's not trivial and prone to errors.

I have a work around already. I can turn it back on when I am using my headphones. I am just requesting a feature that would remove that additional step.

I have a work around already. I can turn it back on when I am using my headphones. I am just requesting a feature that would remove that additional step.
This type of wish has been made before for the Axe Fx III and (I'm pretty sure) also the FM3. It's not feasible...

in order to run one signal with Cab sims and one without, you'd need to run 2 instances of every block, basically double the CPU.

you must adjust the preset to add Out 2 without the cab block in a parallel row, as the preset is what determines the signal routing.

you can't just "take out" the cab sim from a signal that already has it, yet leave it in at the same time.

in order to run one signal with Cab sims and one without, you'd need to run 2 instances of every block, basically double the CPU.

you must adjust the preset to add Out 2 without the cab block in a parallel row, as the preset is what determines the signal routing.

you can't just "take out" the cab sim from a signal that already has it, yet leave it in at the same time.

I will admit that I didn't think that deeply about how to execute it. My Atomic Amplifi-Firebox has a little switch that lets me have the cab sim on either input or both so I didn't think it would be a big deal to implement.

I will admit that I didn't think that deeply about how to execute it. My Atomic Amplifi-Firebox has a little switch that lets me have the cab sim on either input or both so I didn't think it would be a big deal to implement.
if their cab sim is "always at the end", or at least always in the same exact place, then removing or adding it is easy. with the Axe, you can put it anywhere, before or after anything, so it can't just pull it out.

it could always happen in the future, so it's always good to talk about and request, but just sharing the current methodology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom