Global boost?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Is there a way to set a global boost on FM3? i Could use either a built in footswitch , stand in switch or exp pedal.
Basically i would want it to toggle between default level and +3dB or so.

Is there a way to set a global boost on FM3? i Could use either a built in footswitch , stand in switch or exp pedal.

Try a filter block at the end of your chain set to null. You can set the boost level to the desired level and use a foot switch to access it.

You might be able to use the global EQ for this, but I don't know if that can be mapped to a switch or not. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you would do it globally.

I could be wrong but I don't think global EQ can be bypassed, by switch or otherwise. It's just there all the time, effectively bypassed if set flat.

You might be right about that. I wasn't sure if it could be switched in & out or not. Would be nice if it could be. Some kind of global type boost for use like a "Solo" button and/or for making up the volume difference between different guitars would be very handy.

On my Axe FX 2 i used to assign midi controller to the Output 1 Level parameter, with off value as my default volume and on value as a higher number for boost. Will have to try that once i get a midi controller that can do that.

No answer for this? I was hoping to do the same thing. I have an external switch just waiting for the assignment...

The easiest way is probably to put a filter block set to Null with the 3db boost and assign the switch to it. Then save that in the block library. Now all you have to do is insert the saved block into each preset, I put it before the delay and reverb but definitely put it after the amp. The other easy way to set up boosts is just to bump up your lead scene volume using the scene volume sliders in the output block.

Back
Top Bottom