Wish Global Boost

Beexter

Inspired
It would be nice to be able to have a global boost (preferably with a choice of using an external footswitch)
This would be useful so that no matter which preset you loaded, you wouldn't need to create an individual boost within each preset, it would always be available on a specific footswitch.
It would also create an easy way to lift volume/ gain when switching between guitars with different pickup outputs.

Whilst on the subject of boosts, any chance of a modelled Xotic EP boost or Echoplex EP preamp?

It is possible to have an external expression pedal act as a global volume control. I'm not 100% sure but I guess it could be possible to use an external momentary switch for the same purpose.

Yes! Global boost with an easy to setup value and the ability to activate it per scene or preset

+1

just the option to have an external controller raise the output volume by a couple of dB would be great!

You could absolutely setup an expression pedal (momentary or continuous) to do this with a filter/PEQ/GEQ block (with level linked to footswitch) for instance...

You don't even need an extra block. It's described in the AX8 manual how to setup an external pedal to act as a global volume controller.

You don't even need an extra block. It's described in the AX8 manual how to setup an external pedal to act as a global volume controller.
Global volume won't behave quite like a global boost though. For me, for instance, I'd want a boost to act as unity heel down and +6-8 dB toe down.

The global volume adjustments only allow for cutting so that would not be useful for boosting input level as the original poster described (unless you edited every preset to add an upfront boost for the global level to pull back but that defeats the purpose of a convenient global adjustment).

The instructions for the AX8 talk about assigning a pedal for global volume control, whereas I'm suggesting the option of a foot switch (with an option to configure one of the "F" switches or use an external switch to keep everyone happy) with the ability to just click on/off for a pre-determined (user adjustable) level boost.
For ultimate flexibility, having the choice of whether this sits in the Input section (to affect all blocks in a preset) or in the Output section (for a pure volume boost - post everything) would be great as this would give users the greatest flexibility.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom