Wish Global Boost

bread

Power User
Is it possible to assign a global boost function to each of the 1-8 buttons that would automatically boost the scene by a configurable amount of boost (say 3db or 2db - as a global parameter)

this would mean I could have x/y OR global boost OR nothing.

This would give me a lead boost on every scene in a preset.

Could you not just add the boost to a preset then save it out to a few presets and go from there? With the software? As a workaround at least...

if it's super important for global, have you considered just getting a boost pedal, and putting it after OUT PRE?

Could you not just add the boost to a preset then save it out to a few presets and go from there? With the software? As a workaround at least...

It would mean that any scene I create can be a solo scene as well. At the moment i have to have one dedicated to it in my preset.

It would mean that any scene I create can be a solo scene as well. At the moment i have to have one dedicated to it in my preset.
you do that with a null filter, make a scene with a 3-5db boost in the filter. done

I get that... I just mean that you could basically save a blank preset, aside from a custom boost, in every preset slot... then when you want to make a new preset it already has a boost. It might take a few minutes, but then it'd be there for all presets, like a template. :)

A simple boost is different than a block, it has no CPU load on signal. It affect the already calculated level. It could be as simple as a parameter on a scene bases. Each scene could have a different one.

I have a dedicated volume and a separate expression which I use for wah mainly. All my other 7 blocks are used up including the x/y parameters.

A Global Boost would give me a solo boost across all 8 scenes without losing my volume or wah.

I just hold the scene down for half a second or so and engages the global boost. its also good for keeping up with loud keyboard players ha ha

I use a latching pedal linked to a null filter, works great!

Hi Maxxblade - how does that work exactly please ? Do you have a filter block on the FX8 and the latching pedal, when switched uses the modifier setting on the filter block to boost the output ?

Hi Maxxblade - how does that work exactly please ? Do you have a filter block on the FX8 and the latching pedal, when switched uses the modifier setting on the filter block to boost the output ?
I have an AxeFxII and use the external pedal jack that can be set to latch. That filter is flat with the output raised. Are you using the four cable method? It wound need to be in the FX loop to raise the volume.

Back
Top Bottom