Wish Global Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1
(received my FM3 last week, transferred some preset from my AX3 and finally realized: No global blocks :eek:)

Some time ago, I thought of an alternative to global blocks:
  • "LINK TO PRESET ..."
This would be a new parameter in every block. It establishes a link between the block in the current preset to the same block in another (source) preset.

Important: this is not an automatic (dynamic) link. There's no impact on preset loading times.

To handle the updating, the UI would provide an "UPDATE LINKED BLOCKS" command, which launches a batch update process, only when the user decides to do so. The process would simply retrieve the block settings from the other preset. Ideally, the update parameter would be available per preset, as well as global.

The result is similar to Global blocks, but maybe easier to implement.

+1. The limited CPU power available on the FM3 makes separate presets for each song a necessity. With limited time on sound checks, or the changing sound properties of the room due to the crowd, makes it impossible to adjust my presets from the moment I step out on stage. For example, a poorly dampened room with concrete walls has quite different sound qualities when empty (like when doing sound check) and when there's a tightly packed crowd. For now, my plans of using the FM3 as a fly rig is not a viable option.

Perhaps someone from FAS could say something about this if It there are possibilities in the near future….? Global Blocks are the only thing I am still missing to fully enjoy programming lots of presets …;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom