Wish Global Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would be great. with the reduced CPU available, i'm not sure if it's possible. here's to hoping.

it would be great. with the reduced CPU available, i'm not sure if it's possible. here's to hoping.
Do Global Blocks have an effect on CPU? I've never considered that before but never heard of it either.

In my mind, they're just pointers to a common storage of settings, so except for possibly making a small amount more work to load the block initially I wouldn't expect the CPU to be affected.

We didn't have Global Blocks on the Axe Fx III for a while, either... So hopefully they'll get added on the FM3.

This would be huge for me. I just spent about 4 hours yesterday starting the task of tweaking all 60+ presets I transferred over from my Axe III. Made it through about 16 of them. Global Blocks would sure make this process a lot easier.

+1 - still a bit shocked they are not supported to be honest. It's a simple linking process, can't see how it would affect CPU at all.

+1 - still a bit shocked they are not supported to be honest. It's a simple linking process, can't see how it would affect CPU at all.
it probably affects memory. most blocks would link to 10 memory slots per block. maybe there could be less global slots per block? 4?

Unfortunatly some weeks ago BryantP wrote me that Global Blocks were never planned for the FM3....... hope it has changed now that Cliff is also involved..... Global Blocks & UltraRes IRs are my only 2 wishes for Santa Claus :)

Oh man, would love to use the full potential of the FM3 with tons of different presets / FX but with the main AMP block staying a stable GLOBAL block...... would be a pain in the *** to start adjusting 50-60 presets once Corona lets us Gig again......

Anybody knows what makes it difficult to implement Global Blocks into the FM3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom