Global blocks included?

greiswig

Power User
This keeps coming up within other threads, but it disappears in the exuberance.

Will the III retain the key functionality of having global blocks? Or is there some concept even better?

I believe so, yes. Cliff mentioned in one thread that you can save blocks so you can recall your customized channels. As for making a change to a block in a preset and having it update on other presets, I'm not sure. I can't imagine they'd discontinue that feature.

Had a quick look at the axe edit screenshots on the af3 page and could not see the global block menu... you’re not going to remove them, are you?????

I really want to know this.

I use global blocks for what I call “master presets.” I can tweak these and have it update all my other presets automatically. Makes amp resets with firmware updates a breeze.

I'm hoping they give us the option of tying modifiers to a global block. i.e., if I want a customized curve for my volume or wah block, I'd like to be able to set that globally.

Had a quick look at the axe edit screenshots on the af3 page and could not see the global block menu... you’re not going to remove them, are you?????

Are you on the waiting list yet Edo?

I’m hoping the AF3 is backward compatible with your presets.... or they provide some manner of tool for quick adaption to the new unit...

On the other hand... it may be worth all the effort if you have to rework them given the new AF3 has roughly three times the power of the previous unit. I imagine that’s truly gonna allow U2 presets to reach new heights....

Are you on the waiting list yet Edo?

I’m hoping the AF3 is backward compatible with your presets.... or they provide some manner of tool for quick adaption to the new unit...

On the other hand... it may be worth all the effort if you have to rework them given the new AF3 has roughly three times the power of the previous unit. I imagine that’s truly gonna allow U2 presets to reach new heights....

Yeah, I think i’m #1 for the European waiting list, as when I emailed g66 about it they didn’t even know the af3 had been announced yet!
Anyways, yes, super excited about several things, such as the 4 drive blocks with 4 channels, the idea of not overloading cpu with 2 delays and the shimmer path, as well as the multi in/out which will let me use the axe effects for the keyboard without sharing the same channels with the guitar!

Yeah, I think i’m #1 for the European waiting list, as when I emailed g66 about it they didn’t even know the af3 had been announced yet!
Anyways, yes, super excited about several things, such as the 4 drive blocks with 4 channels, the idea of not overloading cpu with 2 delays and the shimmer path, as well as the multi in/out which will let me use the axe effects for the keyboard without sharing the same channels with the guitar!

We know Edge uses one unit just for his shimmer... so I am betting Dallas will be busy adapting the new AF3 for Edge’s rig soon enough..... the huge increase in processing power will absolutely lessen the load....

I should add...I am sure I am not alone in looking forward to hear what you can pull off with an AF3 given what your previous presets sound like already!

We know Edge uses one unit just for his shimmer... so I am betting Dallas will be busy adapting the new AF3 for Edge’s rig soon enough..... the huge increase in processing power will absolutely lessen the load....

Well, I doubt at that level lessening the load is a concern.. they will eventually switch to af3’s for endorsement / gas but unless they already have a few units to tweak I doubt they’ll switch 1 month before the tour kicks off..

Well, I doubt at that level lessening the load is a concern.. they will eventually switch to af3’s for endorsement / gas but unless they already have a few units to tweak I doubt they’ll switch 1 month before the tour kicks off..

True. I can’t believe there’s only one month til they kick off again. Wow.

Since we don't know if we even have global blocks, how would we know if we can name them?
Well, I'm not about to argue with that statement. :p
...should have said something like: whatever the equivalent to global blocks becomes, it would be great to have the option to custom name them.

So, it seems that there are no global blocks. Is it even possible to add that feature later? I sold the ax8 after I found out it’s not even possible to add that feature and this is a deal breaker for me with the III as well. If it’s going to be added in the future I’m more than happy to buy the III, otherwise not.

Back
Top Bottom