Bug? Global Block Problems in 12.02

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
Global block problems in 12.02

Just had my first major problem with the Axe FXII,
I’m using an iMac 10.6.8 with the latest version of Axe Edit.
I had my MFC-101 connected to the Axe FXII, but I was not using it at all while I was using Axe Edit. My Axe FXII has firmware 12.02.

Last night I used Global blocks for the first time and created about 25 new presets that all used the same template with the same global blocks. The only difference between presets was which x/y I had chosen for each of the scenes, and which effects I had on or off.
All worked perfectly last night. All created with the new Axe Edit (which had previously worked perfectly for me since it came out).

This morning I decided to turn on delay 2 in one of the presets. I had delay 2 set up for reverse delay. I turned on the reverse delay and played about a minute. Using Axe Edit I tried different mix and feedback settings, then I increased the reverse delay time from 600 to 1000 and the sound completely went silent from my Axe FXII. Totally dead.

To try and fix it, I turned of Axe Edit; turned off my active JBL cabs; then turned off the Axe FXII. Then I disconnected the USB from my iMac.

With the USB still disconnected I turned on the Axe FXII, then turned on my JBLs. There was no sound at all. Then I tried plugging in headphones to the Axe FXII. No sound at all still. I scrolled through the 25 presets (the ones that used global blocks), and none of them made a sound. Then I came to a preset that didn’t use global blocks and it worked. I tested out a few other presets that didn’t use global blocks and they worked also.

To fix the problem I went through all 25 presets that were using global blocks and unlinked the global blocks using the front panel of the Axe FXII. Then I re-saved each preset without the global blocks. They all work now. I was not able to unlink the global effects on the preset that I was on when everything died. I had to delete that preset completely. There appears to be some kind of serious problem with global blocks that needs to be corrected in a future firmware update. Or maybe the problem is Axe Edit. I’m not sure. I was really liking using global blocks. I'm scared to use them now.

After doing all of the above I reconnected the USB cable and turned on Axe Edit to see if it worked and it seemed to be working fine. (I did not try to do anything with global blocks again though).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom