Global Block - Can Someone Help Me Understand?

Ugly Bunny

Power User
Hey guys - thanks for helping, in advance.

I have a question regarding the global blocks in Axe Edit III (and maybe they can be accessed from the unit, I imagine). Do I understand correctly that each effect type can have 8 "presets" stored? Say, like, I really like a particular reverb with its settings, want to use it across all my presets, so I "link to" it to Global Block 1. Now, in another patch, I can load in a Reverb block, and "load" Global Block 1, and there I have it, right?

This applies to individual effects, right? I can store an amp tone to Global Block 1 and it's not going to overwrite my Reverb, right?

And what is "Link to and Load from"?

I guess what I'm really looking for is confirmation - I have a Helix and the one thing it's missing is the ability to store Effect presets - that is, a delay, reverb, amp, or drive setting that can be called up from any patch.

Sorry if it's annoying, but none of this is in the manual.

Thanks guys! I'm LOVING the Axe :) Can't believe I waited so long to buy in.

yes. the main point of Global Blocks is that they are LINKED so if you change things in one preset, it changes in another.

save a global block, let's say Amp 1 - now the settings of that Block are saved. the whole block, all 4 channels.

now you go to a new Amp 1 in another preset.

you can LOAD, meaning you just pull the saved settings as a starting point.
you can LINK and LOAD, meaning you pull the saved settings AND make that Global Link to all other Global Amp 1 blocks of that number - Amp 1 Global 1 for example.

Link is when you make something Global for the first time. if you Link only, you overwrite what was there, so don't do this by mistake.

regardless, after doing any of the 4 options, you need to Store/Save the Preset for it to save as well.

here's a 6 year old video about Global Blocks in the Axe2. most of this info should be the same:

Thanks man, that's super helpful. Very cool feature. He didn't explain if you get 8 global blocks per effect block or 8 total, but I think logic would suggest that it's per effect block.

I think having effect presets would be cool (a slight variation on the global block feature). Is this a feature? Am I just missing something?

Thanks man, that's super helpful. Very cool feature. He didn't explain if you get 8 global blocks per effect block or 8 total, but I think logic would suggest that it's per effect block.

I think having effect presets would be cool (a slight variation on the global block feature). Is this a feature? Am I just missing something?
"He" is Chris... The same guy who posted the video. ;)

Each block has 8 global instances. So, if you have 4 Drive blocks, there are 8 globals for Drive1, 8 for Drive 2, etc.

Axe Fx II is a little different in that there are 10 instances per block.

I can't find how to set an amp block to global on the Axe III. On the II you hit the bypass button twice.

Yek, thank you for this, and everything else you do for this community! I greatly appreciate all the time you've invested into Fractal.

Grid > Tools
Yek, not sure what you mean by Grid - Tools. I don't see anything under tools in Axe Edit 3. I have 2 main amps I use across various patches dirty and clean. I would love to be able to adjust the bass, mids and highs from the Global screen on the front panel of the Axe but cannot figure out how to link like the video aboveGlobal Block.JPG. Drag and dropping to "Global Performer" is easy, just how to I link that to the dirt amp and then created another Global Block for my clean amp?

Yek, not sure what you mean by Grid - Tools. I don't see anything under tools in Axe Edit 3. I have 2 main amps I use across various patches dirty and clean. I would love to be able to adjust the bass, mids and highs from the Global screen on the front panel of the Axe but cannot figure out how to link like the video aboveView attachment 58307. Drag and dropping to "Global Performer" is easy, just how to I link that to the dirt amp and then created another Global Block for my clean amp?
That’s the Perform tab.

The question yek answered asked about the hardware.

In edit, global blocks are on the bottom left of the block details.

Back
Top Bottom