Global Amp

Thx for your answer Yek. Do you think we can still hope for it?
I guess you should be one of the most competent to give your opinion apart from the Fractal team.

I would even settle for a sort of pseudo global blocks that works through AX8 edit

Something like when editing a 'global' block in edit, you have the option to update all presets that have the link to the block.

Not nearly as elegant as the real global block implementation, but I would find it very useful still.

Second to this would be a universal block library that loads on any computer that you're using. I switch between a desktop and a couple of laptops and the block libraries only load on the computer you saved it on. All blocks must be re saved if you want them to load on a different computer.

fwiw

From what I understand the physical memory-circuits are not optimal for that use. I asked the same question some year ago...
It would be a very slow process, but unless it somehow wears out the memory, slowness would be OK with me. I don't do last minute changes :)

Second to this would be a universal block library that loads on any computer that you're using. I switch between a desktop and a couple of laptops and the block libraries only load on the computer you saved it on. All blocks must be re saved if you want them to load on a different computer.

fwiw

Block library blocks are written to a local folder on the connected computer. They’re not saved in the FAS device itself. That’s perfectly normal operation for any application.

If you want universal access, set the block library location to a networked map (in the editor’s Preferences), or use a feature such as Apple’s iCloud Drive, which syncs local maps across all devices.

That’s a great idea.
A global block library in ax8 edit with a new option to update all presents using that block while saving.
I always save my amps in ax8 edit but then I have to load them in each preset using the amp.
An automatic update would be great!

Back
Top Bottom