Glitchy Audio recordings?

• Thread starter Deleted member 75605
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 75605

When I go to record guitars I end up getting a weird glitchy synth like sound...

any idea what's going on?

For reference:
I just updated to Cyngus a week ago and this is the first time I went to record. Updated to 16.04 just to be sure. Still happening.
This only happens when trying to record or monitor on computer playing live through the axe is fine.
Using 48khz in DAW

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that a simple amp/cab preset? Weird ... sounds like sequencer in there.

Doesn't really sound like the farts and scrunches a sample bitrate mismatch would produce which would be one of the more common issues .....

Maybe try a simple measure first - change the USB cable to something shorter and good quality (assuming you're using USB) and try different USB ports on your PC. Restart between changing things

You'll likely need to give a bit more info on your recording setup PC/DAW/Interface (if used) etc. to help get the best suggestions

Is that a simple amp/cab preset? Weird ... sounds like sequencer in there.

Doesn't really sound like the farts and scrunches a sample bitrate mismatch would produce which would be one of the more common issues .....

Maybe try a simple measure first - change the USB cable to something shorter and good quality (assuming you're using USB) and try different USB ports on your PC. Restart between changing things

You'll likely need to give a bit more info on your recording setup PC/DAW/Interface (if used) etc. to help get the best suggestions
input>amp>cab>output nothing else. all presets/sounds.

I will try different usb cables and ports and restart and be back and let you know.

Otherwise on Mac/Logic Pro.

Perhaps you can post the preset you used in the recording. I know you said it was “input>amp>cab>output”, but it might just help us see what’s going on. And did you say it sounds fine except when you are recording? Have you tried monitoring with headphone plugged directly into the AF3, while you record into Logic Pro? Do you have any interface between the Mac and the AF3? Just trying to cover the bases, even if not likely ones. Cheers, Lee

Unplugging and. plugging back in and restarting worked. Thank you for the help.

FWIW - It was every preset doing this and axe was the audio device.

Sorry for the delayed response - life has kept me busy -

here is an example of the sound. It still happens for me - even at only 33% - this is direct usb to Mac. No interface.

Using a custom IR here (one is Leon Todds, one is from Ownhammer) - but it happens with any cab.

on FW 16.05

Attachments

• bleep.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
yup! it's totally sporadic and happens on my system randomly. Restarting usually fixes it. I have an iMac Pro.

Try updating your USB firmware on the AxeFX (the USB firmware is different than the DSP firmware).
it's 1.10 like on the website - or are you saying to just try to do force reload this regardless if the firmware is the same? and it happens at every buffer size - sorry forgot to mention this and all output. different cables (guitar + usb) as well. The cables I use came from BTPA

Back
Top Bottom