glassy clean ambient patch, where to start?

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hay guys!
so i want to put a patch together for a clean patch that is really brittle sounding and clear but sounds big an ambient.
kind of tesseract, vildhjarta style if you know what i mean?
where should i start guys?
not made anything other than simple patches before, im new to reverb and delays.

cheers
Joe

like the start of this track (not to everyones taste i know but hay..)
VILDHJARTA - Dagger (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

Hay guys!
so i want to put a patch together for a clean patch that is really brittle sounding and clear but sounds big an ambient.
kind of tesseract, vildhjarta style if you know what i mean?
where should i start guys?
not made anything other than simple patches before, im new to reverb and delays.

cheers
Joe

like the start of this track (not to everyones taste i know but hay..)
VILDHJARTA - Dagger (OFFICIAL VIDEO) - YouTube

There are several presets that are what I call ambient. Two presets have Ambient in the name. Sorry I don't have the numbers. I'd start with those and tweak the tone. Maybe add a GEQ block.

I've answered this before, search posts with my name. Essentially, it's a clean amp sim without a cabinet block, reverb, delay and presence/treble/brightness pushed upward.

thanks guys! really helped me out. i used those patches to give me a few ideas and im getting very very close to my ideal patch for that kind of stuff now. i have it for home use (cab sims off) i just need to work it out for when im playing with my band (throught a cab).

thanks
joe

That VILDHJARTA clean tone is very scooped. Alone it would sound like ass or something coming out of an ass. But the reverbs and delays are what make that sound cool. Parallel long plate reverbs and with a long feedback short delay after it and a compressor squishing it.

Back
Top Bottom