Glad I went with a solid rack case...

DNW

Power User
For a while I've been considering downsizing from my slightly-overboard big heavy 6U rack to a lightweight plastic 4U case. Or maybe even 3U and make a sorta breakout box to replace the interface panel. The weight of the 6U is a tad ridiculous, especially having to haul it up and down a flight of stairs every time I have go anywhere with it.

Well, now I'm quite happy to have a sturdy rack case. Just a couple of weeks after getting my car repaired after someone decided to back out on to the bit of road I happened to be driving on at the time, tonight my car was fairly brutally rear ended by a taxi.

It just so happened my rack was in the boot of the car. :eek: Just got home, dragged it all upstairs. Some of the metal edging around one of the lids is bashed a bit... rack fires up, everything works. Looking forward to tomorrow when I get to see the car damage in daylight to see just how bad it is. :(

glad its ok. i've wrestled with having all kinds of sizes of racks over the years... i love the look of shock mount case with foam around the edges. I've had boogie 16 space racks, 12 spaces, 6 space shock, and 7 space anvil shock, now i'm down to a 4u gator.

For hauling around town, i'll take my chances with weight over protection, but on the road there would need to be maximum protection for sure.

Nice. I'm hunting for a shock rack now. I've decided I need more padding around my gear. You're reinforcing my decision to move to a bulkier rack!

Back
Top Bottom