Wish GK bass amp(s)

IMHO, the best ones to add would be:
•The 2001RB dirty channel
•The 800RB for clean
This >>> (From the GK 2001RBII manual) The Valve Effect (Boost): Your GK amplifier incorporates what we call the Valve Effect, or G.I.V.E (Gate Induced Valve Effect technology). We use field effect devices with the gate biased in such a way that emphasizes the optimum harmonic content of the signal. This is controlled by the Boost knob. Raising the Boost while lowering the Master will add more growl while keeping the sound level relatively consistent. The ‘growl’ is actually a small amount of even order harmonic distortion. For most playing situations, start with the Boost at 12 o’clock. Reduce for a cleaner sound or increase for more growl.

+2986
As a bassist, I'm patiently waiting for my number to be called for the FM3. (I used an AX8 in the past) Since you're asking for wishes, my main one would be for a GK bass amp. Gallien Krueger has been a staple of the bass community for around 40 years. Nothing quite sounds like an RB series hitting the rails. A 400 or 800RB would be awesome. If you really wanted to go next level a 2001RB with OD channel would be off the charts.

Hi @Texan,
Would you care to share any of those presets?
Thanks
Pauly

The Austin Buddy pack is great. Once I got it and saw how the patches were constructed I built my own to emulate My Genzler head and get closer to tones that I like, GK, SWR, Eden using the Band Commander, '59 Bassman and USA 400 models. I used the Bergantino IR's and it sounds fantastic live, direct to the board.

That being said, I would still love true models of the GK, SWR, Aguilar, Genz-Benz Streamliner 900, Genzler Magellan. Some of the most obscure guitar amps are modeled, why not the same for bass?

+1

I really can not understand why there are so few bass models in total. Not everybody plays an Ampeg or a DI. I know there can be done a lot with the existing amps - I'm doing it right now and can live with it. But the whole Fractal thing would be so much more popular among bassist if they would not have to use 6596787849 different guitar amps to build their sound. Guitarists are being spoiled with amps! It's just a handful of classic sounds, that would help bassists SO MUCH!

• GK 800RB for sure!!!
  • Tech 21 SansAmp BDDI / DP-3X
  • Noble DI
  • Aguilar DB751
  • EDEN
  • Trace Elliot
  • Acoustic

+1

I really can not understand why there are so few bass models in total. Not everybody plays an Ampeg or a DI. I know there can be done a lot with the existing amps - I'm doing it right now and can live with it. But the whole Fractal thing would be so much more popular among bassist if they would not have to use 6596787849 different guitar amps to build their sound. Guitarists are being spoiled with amps! It's just a handful of classic sounds, that would help bassists SO MUCH!

• GK 800RB for sure!!!
  • Tech 21 SansAmp BDDI / DP-3X
  • Noble DI
  • Aguilar DB751
  • EDEN
  • Trace Elliot
  • Acoustic
+++++++1

Back
Top Bottom