Giving up my spot on the FC list. Fool me once Fractal!

Shredology

Experienced
So just had to vent about this a little.
I bought my III on 8/25/18. Too bad for me that the unit has come to be on what is almost a permanent sale for $250 less than I paid.
I have never been what you would call an early adopter, so maybe I should have learned this lesson before now. I did not see this one coming however.
So bottom line, I will be buying my FC12 next November for half price ;)

So going without for a year is worth a few hundred bucks ? Fair choice for you, for others not so much

I personally think for the 7 or 8 months extra use I got from buying my III it was easily worth $250

I could wait 3 or 4 years and probably get a III for $1500 or less used, but then what do I use until 2022?

I have a 46” plasma tv I paid like $3000 for... wish I would of waiting on that one as now you can get a 75” OLED for that type of money. It’s just how tech works, stuff gets cheaper and better.

Life is too short to worry about looking back and the “should of’s“. Should of waited a few months, should of gotten this, not that etc

You pay your money, you take your chances, and you enjoy what you’ve got, when you’ve got it.

So just had to vent about this a little.
I bought my III on 8/25/18. Too bad for me that the unit has come to be on what is almost a permanent sale for $250 less than I paid.
I have never been what you would call an early adopter, so maybe I should have learned this lesson before now. I did not see this one coming however.
It's on a holiday sale... Not sure how you construe that as "almost permanent"?

Based on typical Fractal sales prices, I would be surprised to see the FC-12 discounted by more than $100 during a similar sale.

Do what works for you, but I'm standing here with cash in hand :D

Given the uncertainly of future trade deals, tariffs etc, you never know if things might end up costing more at some point in the future...

Like what if you waited for 6 months thinking it would drop to $599 for a FC12, but due to some political craziness they end up having to raise the price to $799?

Then you’ll be kicking yourself for not buying earlier and you’d have saved money and also had the unit sooner

So you really think it's gonna be half price in less than a year after the first units shipping? You've gotten into the liquid Christmas cheer early, my friend. Getting out of line was dumb, no candy coating it.

We've already received more than a dozen major feature firmware updates not counting as many smaller ones.... for free and you feel you've been slighted? Giving Fas $ is a great investment imo.

No offense taken, we all have different needs. Best of luck.

For me, I can’t complain. My III, at full price, cost about the same as the II it replaced! I’m sure no one’s more disappointed than the folks at Fractal that the foot controller didn’t make it to market... it’s cost them a fortune in sales. I jumped on the III, which has paid for itself in gigs worked already, and went a different controller route. I’m happy, but understand that’s not everyone’s experience with the way things have developed. Do what’s good for you!

We all live in “Amazon World” these days.
My kids complain if they have to wait for commercials on tv.
I tell them stories about turning an antenna on the house roof to see a fuzzy picture and using a rotary phone with a 20’ knotted cord , and sharing a party line with three neighbors.
This forum puts us “in the know” , where other companies keep customers “in the dark” , thus giving us the chance to either wait with anticipation , or complain about the wait.

I mean no offense by my statements above. I truly think our need for instant gratification these days has changed the world - in a negative way. Everything seems to evolve and change so quickly , it’s hard to keep up. Best of luck.

We all live in “Amazon World” these days.
My kids complain if they have to wait for commercials on tv.
I tell them stories about turning an antenna on the house roof to see a fuzzy picture and using a rotary phone with a 20’ knotted cord , and sharing a party line with three neighbors.
This forum puts us “in the know” , where other companies keep customers “in the dark” , thus giving us the chance to either wait with anticipation , or complain about the wait.

I mean no offense by my statements above. I truly think our need for instant gratification these days has changed the world - in a negative way. Everything seems to evolve and change so quickly , it’s hard to keep up. Best of luck.

Agree with your post, but, I think the OP wasn't complaining he had to wait to get the FC, rather he was complaining he bought a III for $2499 and a few months later it went on "sale" for $2249, and then stayed on 'sale' this month too, so he suggests the new price is $2249 and it isn't going to go back up ever. As such, it seems he wishes he waited a few months so he could save $250, and now doesn't want to pay full price for a FC as he thinks he can get it cheaper next year.

If anything, he seems be very patient lol

I get that things go on sale but $250 is still a lot of money to me as I wait to buy an FC. That sure would have been nice to offset the cost.
Lot of rich guys on this forum I guess.

It's on a holiday sale... Not sure how you construe that as "almost permanent"?

Based on typical Fractal sales prices, I would be surprised to see the FC-12 discounted by more than $100 during a similar sale.

Do what works for you, but I'm standing here with cash in hand :D

Really, you see a lot of things go on sale for 2 months?

Really, you see a lot of things go on sale for 2 months?
Fractal has listed November as "Black November" sale. Then extended it to "White December".

If these were permanent prices, I'm sure they would have said that. They have done so in the past with other devices.

In any case, it is a 10% discount on the Axe Fx III... So applying the same to the FC-12 would net you a savings of $80... Not quite "half price".

Anyway, as I said before, do what works for you.

A decade ago I paid the same price for an Ultra for what an Axe III is going for now and I waited 6 months 3 days 4 hours and 12 minutes to get it. I have never... not for one minute regretted that purchase. I literally got it for free based on all the equipment I sold that I no longer needed. Perspective man... perspective.

I was a little p.o.'d about this myself after paying 2499$ in summer - not p.o.'d at Fractal, but at myself for not listening to my own internal intuition which told me at the time that waiting another 6 months or so would likely get me a lower price.

The tariff threat and a bad case of GAS threw me off my game!!

As noted above, the extended sale suggests lower demand than expected for Axefx3 despite how great a product it is (the price point is a lot for many folks).

Agree with your post, but, I think the OP wasn't complaining he had to wait to get the FC, rather he was complaining he bought a III for $2499 and a few months later it went on "sale" for $2249, and then stayed on 'sale' this month too, so he suggests the new price is $2249 and it isn't going to go back up ever. As such, it seems he wishes he waited a few months so he could save $250, and now doesn't want to pay full price for a FC as he thinks he can get it cheaper next year.

If anything, he seems be very patient lol

Guess that went over my head. Maybe I’m alone , but I think the III is worth more than double the ORIGINAL price. Lol.
In all the years I’ve been buying gear , the III is the first thing I’ve bought that I felt was worth a lot more than I paid.

Methinks the OP does have a point, possible tariff wars and VAT aside I doubt that FC and Axe III will get more expensive with time. Those who were willing to pay regardless the price did so already, if Fractal wants to reach the next group of customers higher prices will not be the way to do so. Again barring future economic and political developments that Fractal has no control over.

Broken old record time: It doesn't matter much to me anyway, as as usual us Europeans are screwed again regardless as we can't profit from Fractal's holiday sale, as G66 does not participate and we have to pay more then full price for the III, €2900, or $3300. So, as usual, thank you Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom