Giving Logic Pro X A Try - Issue With Waves Plugin Licenses

Warrior

Power User
I keep getting errors for many of my Waves plugins stating it does not have a valid license. This is incorrect and I have followed all of the steps I can find to resolve the issue.

Anybody have this experience?

I could get by without using the Waves plugins for the trial but I can't stand having to hit "skip" 50 times every time I launch LPX.

How many Waves plugins do you have? On Devin Townsends laptop, we had a similar problem, with multiple instances of each due to upgrades and overlay-installation. Logic did not like this. The solution was to wipe them all and reinstall only the latest versions.

Yes, I had the same issue.
I have many version 9 plugins and a few 10’s.
I received a version 10 update that I thought would only update version 10 plug-ins.
It blocked all the version 9 plugins with the “does not have valid lcense’ error.

from what I read, it’s a bitch to correct.
I contacted waves support and via remote administration, they fixed everything

Theyre basically trying to force everyone to do full upgrades to version 10.
‘I’ve been with waves since version 1.0 floppy lol.

Similar situation. I contacted Waves support, they gave me detailed instructions on installing some new v10 plugins without messing up my v9s, worked fine. They were very helpful and competent.

I'd love to update everything to v10 for simplicity's sake, but WUP is expired on most of my licenses, and I don't want to pay what that would cost.

I'm sure they can help you get squared away.

Great insights and advice. I have 1 V11 license and the rest are V9.xx. However, I did also have a folder with V10 plugins.
Deleting the V10 plugins resolved the issue.

Thanks for the responses folks!

Back
Top Bottom