give us a hint about 7.01

I figured this IMART buisness deserved it's own version, it sounds very significant. It's not like v7 isn't gods gift already.

You don't need a silver fork to eat good food....and possibly you don't need the silver j******* to get good tone, not anyway with the axeII's arsenal of amps....:mrgreen
Gosh, what did I just say?:eek:

^ This

With 8.0 firmware Axe-Fx II will be able to:
+ make you a hot, tasty coffee in the morning
+ sing you a lullaby after hard practicing in the night
+ analyze your playing and tell you how much you suck (in percentage)
+ tell jokes (with adjustable "dirty level" knob)
+ actually speak and talk with you ("subject of conversation" select knob)

...am I right?

It's been bumped to 8.00 due to some major changes.
Hi, I have been reading this forum for close to a year now. I decided to join the waiting list soon after and received the coupon around February'12. Bought the AxeFX2 back then, but only recently have managed to open the box and start playing with it. It is a really amazing product. The level of support the guys here in the forum provide to newcomers and experienced players alike is something that has always impressed me (thanks Scott, javajunkie, GuitarDojo, electronpirate, Clarky, yek, s0c9 and so many others) and the level of commitment Cliff and the Fractal crew show towards improving the unit is unequaled in this industry IMHO. As others said before, it is an awesome feeling when you get home and find out a new firmware has been released and all of a sudden you have been given a new set of amps to play with (thanks Cliff!). It feels like Christmas all year long. There is simply no single piece of equipment I have ever seen/owned that keeps rewarding the user so much and so often as this one. The only thing that worries me is that its models are now at such an advanced level that soon we will only be able to get models of currently existing amps as developing new ones will become a risky business proposition (unless Cliff adds the much anticipated "design your own amp" feature). How many players will buy a top of the line amp when they can get a room full of the best tones (in a portable unit) for a similar price?
PS: my apologies for any typos / grammar errors as English is not my primary language.

Wow, We need to place bets to see what version we will be on by the end of the year. It's amazing what an inspired group will do in just a year or so of development.

I remember the first day when my AXE II came in and that first full chord that I played, and thinking to myself, it can't possibly get better then this. Well it has many times over. Now I don't bash other devices, because I think its rude personally, but I have to say that, what other company has this type of interaction with its programmer, and has had this many firmware releases in such a short amount of time. I personally can't wait for 5 or 10 years down the road, to see what Cliff is going to be doing then. I believe it will be beyond remarkable. Cliff I know you get tired of the praise after awhile. I guess I would get a little jaded after awhile too. Just know that we know what your doing and we truly appreciate and understand the strides that you are making towards this black box of ours. I want you to know That I am a customer for life. I don't know your personal life, so if you have kids, you might want to get them started on DSP programming, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom