Give Cliff and everyone at Fractal Audio a break!!!!!

I knew it was bad and the "mob" mentality really hit home when I saw an Ultra on Craigslist here in Detroit. Since the Fractal Standard/Ultra has been out I have only seen one or two Standards hit Craigslist in my market. Never seen a Ultra but there is a first for everything!!!!!

"Chicken Little, the Sky is falling......run, run for the exits now, circle the wagons"!!!!

Can people who complain please maybe tell us if the world should stop to satisfy your own personal financial situation? Is that what you would want Cliff to do?

Or, do you have something a bit more altruistic in mind?

Forever thankful for what you are doing from a happy Ultra user, Cliff.

I was going to say the same thing. What the heck are people thinking? Why would CLiff announce that they are possibly coming out with a new product. People would stop buying and sit on their hands waiting for the new thing to come out. I bought my wife a Macbooc pro and 10 days later they released a update! I went back and was able to return it and asked the guy why the heck didn't he warn me and he said they had no clue! The Ultra is miles a head of everything else out there right now till the ii comes out but will the ultra not kick crazy stupid butt still? Yes it will! No beef with Cliff from me. No beef with Steve Jobs from me either!

Hey I just realised - in the great tradition of the mighty Spinal Tap the AxeFx now goes all the way up to 11 (just for when you need that extra bit) !

ABSOLUTELY!!!

I didn't buy an Axe FX Ultra in early 2008 because I thought it would hold market value forever. I bought it because I thought that it sounded good and it seemed to do a ton of stuff that would be valuable to me.

Great, if your Ultra devalued 800 bucks in 3 years. . .BFD. How would you feel if it devalued 800 bucks in 3 weeks? Would you feel the same? Doubt it.

+1000,yes the whining and foot stomping has gotten out of hand.v.11.0 sounds great.even had i known 2 months in advance about Axe II,i still would not have sold my Ultra.it has gone above and beyond any of my expectations.maybe when Axe III comes out i'll upgrade.till then i'll still be exploring the amp sims i haven't even tried out yet.and trying to wrap my head around lfo and adsr programming.

if music equipment is part of your portfolio,i suggest you rethink your investment strategies.this is not the stock market,it's not publicly traded,it's about sound creation.

a socket wrench is quick and easy to use,but an open ended still works just as good!

Last edited:
@ toasterdude But surely you didn't buy the Ultra as a "financial" investment? Please tell me that you didn't think that when you bought this it would hold it's retail value. The musical investment will always be there for you. Be happy.

@ toasterdude But surely you didn't buy the Ultra as a "financial" investment? Please tell me that you didn't think that when you bought this it would hold it's retail value. The musical investment will always be there for you. Be happy.

That's the thing I find funny in this. People seem to think that Fractal is suppose to protect their investment and help maintain the resale value. The age of entitlement is upon and alive and well.

Great, if your Ultra devalued 800 bucks in 3 years. . .BFD. How would you feel if it devalued 800 bucks in 3 weeks? Would you feel the same? Doubt it.

Assume, as you do, as soon as the new product is announced, there will be an economic devaluation of the old. Had it been 4 weeks ago, it just would not have been you, but someone else.

So, say this is your business. What would you do?

+1

After the launch of the AXE II, Cliff didn't expect a kind of spanish inqusition ;-)

Keybi

The other thing to remember is that life goes on. This forum is great and is full of useful info from very knowledgeable people. That will continue and you can continue to explore the Ultra and work on its possibilities.

I for one only use a few patches most of the time. The one thing I have struggled with (due to my incompetence) is reamping. That is the thing that makes the Axe 2 a killer for me. However I know that I CAN reamp with the ultra. (Perhaps someone can re explain it to me at a later date).

My point is that the users of the ultra can continue to help each other out on the forum even tho there is a new model out there.

That's my sentiments exactly. I bought an ULTRA a few weeks ago and have not had any firmware upgrades, or any reason for support, so I don't have the same kind of sentiments that some of you have.

I thought I was buying from a "different kind" of manufacturer. But after the Countdown, 5,4,3,2,1 TOO LATE YOU'RE STUCK WITH IT NOW,it's just past your 15 day trial. I find that low-class at best and deceitful at worst.

It's the silence I find the most distasteful and was going to purchase an MFC, but now I'm having to rethink my direction. The idea of losing hundreds of dollars in a few days doesn't sit well with me because I don't have a lot of money, after all I'm a professional musician and have been for over thirty years.

Please Cliff at least let us know about any plans for trade ups or just tell us flat out, "Sorry, Too Late".

All these guys complaining about just getting their AXE and now the AXE 2 just has been launched. I trolled this forum for years prior to finally purchasing an Ultra. All along the way from day one, supply could not keep up with demand and these were always out of stock! You think this is going to be any different now? These are hand-built and even though Cliff mentioned these will "probably" start being released in 2 weeks, what is the likelihood that they will be able to keep up with demand? Look at the MFC-101, some people are still waiting for theirs!

Lots of guys are going to be waiting around for a long, long time.....................

keep in mind easy for someone who bought 3 years ago to say all is fine, not so easy for someone that bought say in last 3 months. You know cars are updated nearly yearly, and customers know this and are fine with it; some warning and explanation wouldnt hurt. a friend of mine a mac user says mac has tradeins tradups etc. im not a mac guy.

The age of entitlement is upon and alive and well.

At the risk of undermining a practice we have all benefited from, the entitlement mentality we see in play has been nurtured in part by the many free firmware updates Cliff has provided for these units. I love that he does this, I hope he keeps doing it, there are many business benefits to doing it, but it does have this undesirable side effect.

We just got a new firmware update last night. At the moment there is no indication from Fractal that they won't keep coming.

What a lot of the people are missing is that Cliff tried to utilize the current platform for his new "Frankenstein algorithms". In another post he mentioned that in order for these new algorithms to work on the current platform, it would tax the current memory and processing capability too much.

You have to give the guy credit for at least trying to give all of us one hell-of-a-upgrade, but unfortunately that didn't work out as planned. He did try though...............

You also have to look at the new repackaged AXE 2. It incorporates almost every wish list item that forum members have been asking about from day one......headphone jack, looper, usb port, cat-5 jack for foot controller, new quick knobs/user interface, better connectivity using the 4CM and to top it off a completely new modeling/cab emulation system and Redwirez/Ownhammer IR's preloaded for free.

I have to say that Fractal/Cliff really listens to the customer base and their wants/needs/wishes.

Back
Top Bottom