Ginger Baker's recent interview in Rolling Stones Magazine.

As someone who's done a lot of interviews with film makers, actors and effects people, I have to say that he's exactly the kind of person that every interviewer hates to do an interview with. There's nothing more frustrating than someone who gives short, one sentence answers to questions throughout most of the interview. If they can't be bothered to give decent, thoughtful answers then the interview is just wasting their time and everyone else's time. I realize the guy is a legend and he's old and all, but if he's reached that point with interviews where he just can't be bothered, then he should probably just stop doing them and instead just throw someone a quote once in a while to answer something specific.

haha, good stuff. it's british humour, that's all.
looking at the comments below the interview, it's obvious this has annoyed a lot of foreigners who don't understand the hilarity of it.

It seems to me that he (on top of being very ill) is tired of doing interviews. And the interviewer asks a lot of boring questions actually.
Also, they were talking by phone. Maybe Baker don't like those new and modern ways of communicating and simply got a bit grumpy (or grumpier) by that? ;)

As for the Rolling stones part, I really like stones, but I don't think they really live up to their name now days. Yeah yeah they are legends and blah blah, did not say they are bad, they are just not as good as they was.
So im not sure if he means that they don't play good now days or ever have, but he is not completely wrong here IMHO!
And they not technically great either, they just happen to have been in the right place at the right time, and have made some really good songs and riffs!

Back
Top Bottom