Gilmour and the Whammy

plexi59 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hglPVT24U&feature=player_embedded#!

:shock:

That's how it was meant to be used. There's harmonizer in there as well, but this is hands down the best example of how to do it right. Solo starts at 3:06, but the whole thing is awesome to listen to.

Wow! Cool!
Always been a great fan of David Gilmour. I was convinced he played this one with a slide guitar.

Sweet tune. Players like Gilmour always kill without a flurry of notes (although sometimes blinding speed is cool, too).

It gives me hope that someone like me, whos not so fast, can still pull off a mind-blowing solo.

Now, the big question...
Where can I get a large serving of feeling & soul for myself? ;)

Reminds me of an old joke: Two bulls, a young one and a mature one, were standing on top of the hill with a herd of cows grazing below. "Let's run down there and screw a cow", the impatient young-un said, but the old bull paid no attention. The young bull wouldn't shut up, trying to whet the old bull's appetite. After a while the old bull said, wearily "We won't run anywhere. We won't screw a cow. We will slooowly walk down the hill and screw the whole herd."

Gilmour is pretty much like that. He sloowly walks down the hill and makes everyone else look like wankers.

Anybody have a patch that replicates Gilmore's Lead on this...I love it and have not been able to get the whammy to approach this. thanks.

That is a great vid.

The only time I got to see him live was the Pink Floyd Division Bell tour.

We used binoculars to check out his guitar rig. At that time it looked like a couple or three rack drawers crammed with pedals connected to a Pete Cornish switching system?

Anyway the live sound was incredible even in a big outdoor Arena.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom