Gigwrx FX Label COMING SOON FOR FX8!!! WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
Gigwrx FX Labels COMING SOON FOR FX8!!! WE NEED YOUR FEEDBACK

Hello Fractal Forum Members,

Bill and I will soon be releasing our Magnetic FX Labels for the FX8 Floor unit. The Labels will be very similar to our MFC labels but with a slightly different design to fit perfectly on the FX8 unit. The labels will be completely customizable from the image to the text. However, like our MFC labels we will be offering standard premade sets at a better price point. We are looking to get your feedback on how you layout your current FX8 rig. What are the most commonly used switches? What labels and texts would you find most useful? The more detail
The better. What is included in our premade set will be heavily weighted on your comments. Feel free to comment on this thread or PM if you prefer.

Thanks so much and stay tuned for the release of our FX8 Labels. Coming OCTOBER 2015!!!;)

Anthony
Gigwrx

Last edited:
I just got my FX8 and can't provide feedback yet, as I haven't really had any time to sit with it. I am for sure interested in these though when they are available.

I just got my FX8 and can't provide feedback yet, as I haven't really had any time to sit with it. I am for sure interested in these though when they are available.

Very soon. Production is all set. We just need to add the products to the website for purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely each effect block. Maybe delay types and drive types. For example: tape, tape mod, dotted 8, multi, etc.. Overdrive, fuzz, distortion, boost. Others: -1/2, -1 etc for polyphonic drops. Whammy. Wah. Chorus. Flange. Comp. eQ.

I like the general scene names which could also be preset names.

Some we can write on.

LED scribble strips. That change with the preset or scene. Lol.

The way people are using the FX8's will likely change with an upcoming firmware update which allows 4 scenes, and 4 IA buttons simultaneously.

Definitely each effect block. Maybe delay types and drive types. For example: tape, tape mod, dotted 8, multi, etc.. Overdrive, fuzz, distortion, boost. Others: -1/2, -1 etc for polyphonic drops. Whammy. Wah. Chorus. Flange. Comp. eQ.

I like the general scene names which could also be preset names.

Some we can write on.

LED scribble strips. That change with the preset or scene. Lol.

Thanks for the feedback. All those types will definitely be options. I'm looking for more feedback as to what the most popular and commonly used labels would be. There are 11 total labels on an FX8. What would be the best and most commonly used If I were to make a premade set. A set that just came AS IS that you could just grab an go without having to fully customize and design Individually.

Clean, crunch, rhythm, lead plus 4 IA switches seems to be most common from what some people tell me. Of course every label would also have the looper icons on them as well.

I'd want:

"Scene / Press and Hold for True Bypass"
"Looper / Press and Hold for Preset Down"
"Tap Tempo / Press and hold for Preset Up"

Obviously labels for each block type, but also: Boost, Freeze, Shimmer, and "PANIC" (or perhaps a DON'T PANIC, depends on how I'm feeling).

How do you propose handling the X/Y (press and hold) labeling? You might have two very different delays, or a reverb hold/freeze, on the Y setting for a block. It would be cool if both functions were labeled, although that might be too customized or specific to be practical.

I'd want:

"Scene / Press and Hold for True Bypass"
"Looper / Press and Hold for Preset Down"
"Tap Tempo / Press and hold for Preset Up"

Obviously labels for each block type, but also: Boost, Freeze, Shimmer, and "PANIC" (or perhaps a DON'T PANIC, depends on how I'm feeling).

How do you propose handling the X/Y (press and hold) labeling? You might have two very different delays, or a reverb hold/freeze, on the Y setting for a block. It would be cool if both functions were labeled, although that might be too customized or specific to be practical.

What if they did half magnets with labels too? You could have your x be the bottom half of magnet and y be top and have a set of each (x slap y slap for example)

Sorry, I don't get it. IMO the FX8 doesn't need labels. Is it just me?

The LCD displays 8 boxes that correspond in position with the 8 switches. So basically the switches are already labeled. It's functionally similar to scribble strips.. except it's all on the main LCD.

Also with 8 switches I don't even have to look at the LCD... after a short time it's easy to remember what each switch does (though I only use a few presets myself, not hundreds).

I guess things could change with this pending firmware update...

My eyes aren't good enough to read the display while standing up, so the labels are a good idea to me in theory. The problem is I still haven't figured out how I'm ultimately going to have my patches set up.

Back
Top Bottom