Gigs canceled due to COVID-19?

Rich G.

Experienced
One of my Facebook friends just posted that he had his first gig cancellation due to COVID-19. As of today (Wednesday), my gigs are still on for the weekend.

Anyone else have their gigs canceled?

I had a show I was going to attend locally get cancelled due to the concern about the corona virus. This could really put a damper on social gatherings if we don't have a solution soon.

I might see Animals as Leaders at the end of the month and have that be the last show I go to for awhile buy we might already be screwed by that point. And that's assuming they won't cancel shows themselves due to precaution or low ticket sales from everyone else's precaution.

This could really put a damper on social gatherings
this really is the best course of action for the moment. mitigate and delay the spread so hospitals and supplies don't get over run, vs everyone catching it at the same time.

i'd hope we can all do without large events for a bit, you know, while we try to stay healthy and virus free. i'm ok with that trade-off. of course money and job concerns are there, but we have to try our best!

Yup. We had a big gig scheduled for April 3 that just got canceled. It's one of the best events we play so disappointing but better safe than sorry.

I've had two shows cancelled. Both were sold out in advance. In WA state, the governor has issued a decree limiting gatherings to less than 250, and most venues are appropriately erring on the side of caution. I happen to have a "day job" and the impact can be absorbed. I'm very concerned about my friends who make their living in music.

My next gig is next a week from Saturday. It's a place that has somehow managed to not go through a single spray bottle of cleaner in 6 months. Despite that it's usually a fun gig. Something tells me that by next weekend it'll be canceled.

I can see how some of the larger events (5000+ ppl) are getting canceled. Really wondering how it's affecting us little guys playing in smaller venues. We typically play to rooms of 100 to 400 people these days. Haven't heard anything about our gigs yet in Erie, PA.

This just the beginning. There will be no festivals or concerts for a while and probably all the people dying that will be the least concerning.
800+ died in Italy in the last 2 weeks. 200 in the last 24 hours and as I said,thisis just the beginning. :|

We will lose some members here as well.

Hungary just ruled, that no larger gathering than 100 people can be hold. This is the max size for enay event, concerts etc.

Two festival shows cancelled this weekend. As of now, still playing St. Pat's Day at the new Hard Rock Hotel in South Florida, but I hope I'm not jinxing it.
March is prime money making time for a U2 tribute. Sigh.

The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo has been completely cancelled as of today. It’s basically the biggest event in Texas for the entire year.

My band doesn’t have a show till April 4th in San Antonio. As of now it’s still on but that could change in the next few weeks.

I'm very curious if bars/clubs are going to cancel because they don't want to put people (band's) health in danger....or if they're just greedy and will expect bands to show up and play as we're not really employees they care about.

Yes, I'm an adult and can make my own decisions to not play. It's just going to be interesting to see how business owners react.

Back
Top Bottom