Gig with the Axe last night - advice needed re: output routing

Well, if I'm doing that, then why have a mixer block at all? The idea is to not have to change anything (other than, as I mentioned, quickly change the channel on the mixer block to match the venue). otherwise I might as well have different routing on all presets (as per my original, clunky plan).
Here is another extension of the idea: you can have 8 instances of each Global block.

Save each preset using Global mixer 1.

Save a Global mixer block (starting with 2) - one for each venue.

At the gig, recall the venue-specific global block without linking it (Load without Link).

Then Link to Global #1 and save. All presets now ready.

Optionally, I don't remember if you can do it from front panel, but in Axe-Edit you can set a given channel as active in all scenes...

Well, if I'm doing that, then why have a mixer block at all? The idea is to not have to change anything (other than, as I mentioned, quickly change the channel on the mixer block to match the venue). otherwise I might as well have different routing on all presets (as per my original, clunky plan).

Because this would make every preset have the right output scheme with maybe 20-30 seconds of editing on a single preset. You decide what's needed at a certain output and adjust that mixer block (a few level sliders and output mode selection at most). Repeat for other mixer blocks, save preset.

On the Axe II the recall effect function could speed this up, recalling block settings while maintaining global link. Unix-guy's suggestion of recalling another global # on the III then linking to the intended one could work but might not save much time vs. turning a couple knobs to set levels.

Optionally, I don't remember if you can do it from front panel, but in Axe-Edit you can set a given channel as active in all scenes...
This would be perfect. I'll see if I can find it. Thank you!

Because this would make every preset have the right output scheme with maybe 20-30 seconds of editing on a single preset.
Ah; okay, I'm smellin what you're steppin in now, I think. Yeah that would work, too. I think I had I already moved on to the idea of just using a single preset lol. I like the concept Unix Guy mentioned, if I can find that, because then I could just quickly change the channel(s) to match the venue.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help break it down Barney-style for me :)

Back
Top Bottom