Gig video: Ozzy's No More Tears (Preset Included)

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Another video of my Ozzy tribute's show at The Aztec Theatre in San Antonio, TX. AX8 direct to FOH. Preset is below. I use a wah for the melody lines where Zakk does the slide. One less thing I have to keep up with at shows.:p I kick on Delay 1 for these sections and have it assigned to F7.
Scene 1 is the rhythm, Scene 2 is the main lead, Scene 3 is for the lead during the keyboard middle section (the delay repeats are timed up so you can do the little whale call volume swells heard in this section and Scene 4 is for the long delay repeats on the last note of the solo. Just hit the scene 4 button as you pick the last note of the solo.

Attachments

• No More Tears.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 88
This is another one of those songs that's deceptively difficult to do well. Good job BTW.

I'll have to dig up video of touring band I was in doing it. It was one of the few songs where keyboard player's capability & ear had a chance of coming through. Singer didn't have the tone, but was a model so the girls didn't care LOL.

So damn good. Great playing by all and killer guitar tone, sounded like you were playing through Zakk's actual rig. Really showcases the capability of the AX8. Very generous of you to share your preset with the community.

From the moment I clicked play I was waiting for that first artifical harmonic after the first line of the song. You did not disappoint. :D

Awesome!! Do you use any cab/frfr behind you? it sounds huge in the vid... well done!
Thanks! Yes, I use either 2 XiTone’s or 2 Friedman ASC-12’s depending on the venue. One behind me and the other on the other side of the drum riser by my bass players rig.

Another video of my Ozzy tribute's show at The Aztec Theatre in San Antonio, TX. AX8 direct to FOH. Preset is below. I use a wah for the melody lines where Zakk does the slide. One less thing I have to keep up with at shows.:p I kick on Delay 1 for these sections and have it assigned to F7.
Scene 1 is the rhythm, Scene 2 is the main lead, Scene 3 is for the lead during the keyboard middle section (the delay repeats are timed up so you can do the little whale call volume swells heard in this section and Scene 4 is for the long delay repeats on the last note of the solo. Just hit the scene 4 button as you pick the last note of the solo.

Another great job @bishop5150! Thanks for the preset!

Great tone and playing!

Thanks for the preset!

Got the feeling your drummer really wants to ratchet up the bpm. LOL

Great tone and playing!

Thanks for the preset!

Got the feeling your drummer really wants to ratchet up the bpm. LOL
He plays to a click so it’s usually him holding us back from playing a 100 mph when our adrenaline kicks in. LOL!

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, I use either 2 XiTone’s or 2 Friedman ASC-12’s depending on the venue. One behind me and the other on the other side of the drum riser by my bass players rig.
I know we've been through the CLR Friedman Xitone Q's & A's a lot around here and you get it a lot since you have them all, I have the CLR'S and the Friedman's myself. You said depending on the venue, can you explain why that Is? More throw or power in one verses the other speaker?

I know we've been through the CLR Friedman Xitone Q's & A's a lot around here and you get it a lot since you have them all, I have the CLR'S and the Friedman's myself. You said depending on the venue, can you explain why that Is? More throw or power in one verses the other speaker?
The CLR's and XiTone's have a wider sound dispersion than the Friedman's IMO. But mainly it's the size of the stage. For smaller venues and stages I'll use my XiTone's cause they take up less room and I can put them in wedge position behind me or pointing out like 1x12 cabs and for the bigger venues we play, like House of Blues, I have plenty of room and can use the Friedman's. I keep my CLR's at home to create my presets on a practice on. They don't leave the house. All of them are about the same volume I believe.

Last edited:

That's f'''king awesome! My fav Zakk/Ozzy song

Back
Top Bottom