AFIII Gig video: Ozzy's "I Don't Know" & "Mr. Crowley" presets included

bishop5150

Fractal Fanatic
Some multi cam shot video from our last show. Axe-Fx III direct to FOH.

Presets are below if anybody wants them.
IDK:
Scene 1: Main rhythm
Scene 2: Intro rhythm boost
Scene 3: Middle guitar section (Slightly overdriven. Roll off guitar volume to taste)
Scene 4: Guitar solo

Crowley:
Scene 1: Main rhythm
Scene 2: Fill boost
Scene 3: Melody section towards the end
Scene 4: Guitar solo 1
Scene 5: Guitar solo 2

Attachments

• I Don't Know.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Mr. Crowley.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Nailed those guitar parts and amazing tone as well! Thanks for posting the presets, I always love to check out what others have come up with. Cheers!

Just out of curiosity, I'm using a Matrix GT1000FX into my guitar cabs and want to consider going the FRFR route. As I already have the Matrix I'm thinking about going with passive speakers. I see from your signature you are using a variety of FRFR options - which do you prefer using onstage?

Nailed those guitar parts and amazing tone as well! Thanks for posting the presets, I always love to check out what others have come up with. Cheers!
Hope you enjoy them.
Thank's for the presets,they're amazing!
You’re very welcome!

Just out of curiosity, I'm using a Matrix GT1000FX into my guitar cabs and want to consider going the FRFR route. As I already have the Matrix I'm thinking about going with passive speakers. I see from your signature you are using a variety of FRFR options - which do you prefer using onstage?
Lately, I’m mainly using the Friedman ASC-12’s but I’ll be taking the XiTones for an out of town show this weekend. They are smaller and lighter.

Hope you enjoy them.

You’re very welcome!

Lately, I’m mainly using the Friedman ASC-12’s but I’ll be taking the XiTones for an out of town show this weekend. They are smaller and lighter.
I've gotta ask - since you have all those different FRFR cabs, which do you think is best in a practice/bedroom volume situation and which is best in a gig volume live situation?

I've gotta ask - since you have all those different FRFR cabs, which do you think is best in a practice/bedroom volume situation and which is best in a gig volume live situation?
I like the CLR’s best to create my presets on and practice at home with.
For gigging I use either the Friedman’s or the XiTone’s. They both have a nice cab like thump to them. For bigger venues with bigger stages I bring the Friedman’s. For smaller venues with smaller stages I bring the XiTone’s.

Hey bro, these presets import as blank for me. I'm on 4.03. Are you by chance on the new beta 5 firmware? If so I'll have to update to 5. Hard to keep up with all these firmwares lately!

Hey bro, these presets import as blank for me. I'm on 4.03. Are you by chance on the new beta 5 firmware? If so I'll have to update to 5. Hard to keep up with all these firmwares lately!
I think your right. When I did the show I was on 4.03 but I updated the day 5.0 beta came out and then I exported the presets.
Do a backup and then update. 5.0 beta is really really good!

Last edited:
I think your right. When I did the show I was on 4.03 but I updated the day 5.0 beta came out and then I exported the presets.
Do a backup and then update. 5.0 beta is really really good!
these presets are absolutely BITCHEN on 5B2! what a treat. thanks..do you have a dreaded St. Patrick gig this weekend?:cool:

Not to speak for Todd, but his presets here posted use the 5153 100W Blue, think he sticks close to that...
Yep. And mainly because those were the amps I played before going to Fractal. I played them for 7 years so I know how they should sound. Makes dialing them in on the Axe just a bit easier. But that Skull Crusher...:D

I like the CLR’s best to create my presets on and practice at home with.
For gigging I use either the Friedman’s or the XiTone’s. They both have a nice cab like thump to them. For bigger venues with bigger stages I bring the Friedman’s. For smaller venues with smaller stages I bring the XiTone’s.
Thanks!

Curious if the presets have been updated to 5.6? Itching to download them... just wanted to make sure I'm using latest. Also, curious do you use same presets for your Jake era covers? I thought I remember you saying you use the same presets and swap-out to a period specific guitar...

P.S. Your Ozzy videos always rock!

Back
Top Bottom