Gig video: Ozzy’s Rock N Roll Rebel

Yeah that sounds great. That is a cell phone video? Actually the whole mix sounds good. You must must have been happy with that.

Yeah that sounds great. That is a cell phone video? Actually the whole mix sounds good. You must must have been happy with that.
No, it's a Zoom Q3 video camera. I wanted to take a direct audio feed from the board to it but forgot the damn cable.

Crushing it man. That sounds amazing. Mind sharing that preset? What amp is it?
Here ya go. I'm using factory cabs 161 and 162 in ultrares stereo in case they don't port over in the preset but they should. There are 5 scenes. Scene 1 is the main rhythm, Scene 2 is the rhythm with a slight volume boost, Scene 3 is for the middle section of the song the "They'll try and win your hearts..." Scene 4 is for the main solo and Scene 5 is for all the lead spots at the beginning of the song and after the 1st and 2nd chorus. Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Rock 'N' Roll Rebel.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 19
Here ya go. I'm using factory cabs 161 and 162 in ultrares stereo in case they don't port over in the preset but they should. There are 5 scenes. Scene 1 is the main rhythm, Scene 2 is the rhythm with a slight volume boost, Scene 3 is for the middle section of the song the "They'll try and win your hearts..." Scene 4 is for the main solo and Scene 5 is for all the lead spots at the beginning of the song and after the 1st and 2nd chorus. Let me know if you have any questions.
So cool. Thanks man. Can’t wait to check this out. Cheers.

Are you going direct to FOH? If how are you monitoring your sound on stage?

Thread derail warning! Sorry
How do you like the Zoom Q3 for recording gigs? Hows the audio and video respectively?
It’s really pretty good. I usually run a Y cable with 2 stereo 1/4” jacks to an 1/8th jack from the board to the camera for a direct audio feed. I’m sure the newer Q4 camera is better.

Are you going direct to FOH? If how are you monitoring your sound on stage?
Yes, I go direct to FOH and have 2 XiTone’s on stage behind me setup like 1x12 cabs on their side facing out to the crowd. One behind me and the other by our bass players rig. They are behind our stage scrims.

Yes, I go direct to FOH and have 2 XiTone’s on stage behind me setup like 1x12 cabs on their side facing out to the crowd. One behind me and the other by our bass players rig. They are behind our stage scrims.
Thanks. Sorry to ask so many questions but I'm trying to figure out best way to go. Are you going to FOH thru the Out 1 xlr's or the 1/4 jacks? The reason I ask is I am using a Mission Gemini II FRFR as stage monitor. I connect the Out 1 xlr's to the Gemini and I go to FOH using the 1/4 jacks of Out 1. It seems to work pretty well but wanted to explore if there is a better way to go. Thanks for the guidance.

Ask as many questions as you need. No worries. I go to FOH via XLR’s from Output 1 and send the 1/4” from Output 2 to my XiTone’s onstage.

It’s really pretty good. I usually run a Y cable with 2 stereo 1/4” jacks to an 1/8th jack from the board to the camera for a direct audio feed. I’m sure the newer Q4 camera is better.

Good to hear. Will try it at some point, love to get a one device for decent audio/video recording

Back
Top Bottom