AFIII Gig video: Ozzy’s “I Don’t Wanna Stop” with pitch dropped a 1/2 step via the pitch block

None. But by that time I was a shot of tequila and 2 beers in so not sure I would have noticed it if there was. :D
When creating the preset I noticed I needed to add just a little extra gain and a little extra bump in the highs to make it sound like the rest of my presets.

That'll work for ME!!! LOL!!! .....

ps. both the the tequila and beers....AND the extra gain and bump in the highs!!! LOL! :D

Wow! Blitzkrieg tone and spectacular playing. You rock sir! I ordered 2 of the Atomic monitors because if these videos so the company needs to repost these (well preordered since they’re not in stock!). Please post more videos...your band is killer too !

Sounds amazing! Actually, better than the real thing.

Do you share your presets? I’m always looking for a good Zakk patch. I’d be interested in this one and the non pitch patch.

Sounds amazing! Actually, better than the real thing.

Do you share your presets? I’m always looking for a good Zakk patch. I’d be interested in this one and the non pitch patch.
Sure here's the preset. It's not really a Zakk preset though. I use the same tone for our whole set. Sabbath, Randy era, Jake era and the Zakk era. It's just a descent all around hard rock tone that I think works for all of it.

It's the EVH 100 watt blue with a TS808 in the drive block, It uses Legacy cabs 161 and 162. I don't pan them hard left and right. You can if you want though. I like the way they sound together. And live I have one FRFR behind me and the other by my bass player. If I panned them I'd really only be hearing the one cab sound on my side.

One of the Pitch blocks is always on for the 1/2 step pitch drop. So play it loud so you don't hear your guitar strings.

Scene 1 is the main Rhythm

Scene 2 is for the opening note and feedback. I have an expression pedal plugged in the FC-12 in FC pedal 4 and it's assigned to the Compressor block Mix Level, the Mix Level of one of the Pitch blocks and to the Gain level of one of the Drive blocks. This is to help produce that long sustaining feedback at the beginning of the song. Once you hit the note start pressing down on the expression pedal to kick in the compressor, Pitch block tones and extra gain from the Drive block to help it feedback.

Scene 3 is for the middle section before the solo. The volume drops just a little so the keys can standout more in the mix.

Scene 4 is for the guitar solo. I put on some Phase 90 because it sounds like Zakk has one on in the song.

Attachments

• I Don't Wanna Stop half step pitch detune.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Wow! Blitzkrieg tone and spectacular playing. You rock sir! I ordered 2 of the Atomic monitors because if these videos so the company needs to repost these (well preordered since they’re not in stock!). Please post more videos...your band is killer too !
Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words.

Sure here's the preset. It's not really a Zakk preset though. I use the same tone for our whole set. Sabbath, Randy era, Jake era and the Zakk era. It's just a descent all around hard rock tone that I think works for all of it.

It's the EVH 100 watt blue with a TS808 in the drive block, It uses Legacy cabs 161 and 162. I don't pan them hard left and right. You can if you want though. I like the way they sound together. And live I have one FRFR behind me and the other by my bass player. If I panned them I'd really only be hearing the one cab sound on my side.

One of the Pitch blocks is always on for the 1/2 step pitch drop. So play it loud so you don't hear your guitar strings.

Scene 2 is for the opening note and feedback. I have an expression pedal plugged in the FC-12 in FC pedal 4 and it's assigned to the Compressor block Mix Level, the Mix Level of one of the Pitch blocks and to the Gain level of one of the Drive blocks. This is to help produce that long sustaining feedback at the beginning of the song.

Scene 3 is for the middle section before the solo. The volume drops just a little so the keys can standout more in the mix.

Scene 4 is for the guitar solo. I put on some Phase 90 because it sounds like Zakk has one on in the song.
Very cool can’t wait to try this out Thanks

Scene 2 is for the opening note and feedback. I have an expression pedal plugged in the FC-12 in FC pedal 4 and it's assigned to the Compressor block Mix Level, the Mix Level of one of the Pitch blocks and to the Gain level of one of the Drive blocks. This is to help produce that long sustaining feedback at the beginning of the song.

Thanks a ton!

Back
Top Bottom