Gig tonight, help needed quick !!!

Hoping someone has a quick answer to this one.
New unit to me but second hand.

I have output 2 going to my amp effects return and then cab.

Output 1 to desk and monitor with cab sim.

All working fine except when I step on wah (expression pedal with auto engage) there is a popping/clicking sound when it engages, and sometimes as im using the wah.
The sound is similar to the click you may get through an amp when another power supply is switched on but louder.
Ive swapped out cables and tried 3 different expression pedals. It doesn't come out of output 2 only output 1.
I even connected output 1 to my amp return and cab to rule out a problem with my monitor but it does the same thing.

Anyone? was gigging it tonight so pretty pissed off!!!

It can be the input impedance set to auto or the autoengage triggering something else too.

If it's the first one, set the input impedance to 1M instead of auto, provided that the AX8 has this feature.

I don't think the Ax8 has that feature.
i did have a similar experience with the Axe-fx though.
Try putting another block (like a drive) before the wah

I don't think the Ax8 has that feature.
i did have a similar experience with the Axe-fx though.
Try putting another block (like a drive) before the wah
If the AX8 doesn't have that, adding other blocks will make no difference, since there will be no input impedance variation. Now that I think about it, the pop should not be that loud, it should be pretty much like the pop of a real wah.

Ok

So I created an identical patch using one of Austin Buddies naked amp patches (same amp model) copied and pasted all my other blocks and saved, tried the patch and no clicking or popping (it was way too load for the click you get with a normal wah) So problem gone.

But the question still remains as to why? I'm assuming by the results that it must have been something in the amp block. I had levelled out all my amps and apart from being a fraction louder than Austin Buddies I cant really see much difference.

So I'm gonna put my faith in Fractal Audio and do the gig tonight with it, taking my axe fxII and MFC just in case but hopefully all well.

Cheers guys.

Can you upload the problem preset? Then we can see instead of guess to get the answer.

Back
Top Bottom