Gig-testing beta firmware

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
How many actual gigs does a beta go through?
Is testing happening simultaneously at homes and on stages?
"gig-beta" is probably random and not tracked, but I'm curious.

I'd enjoy being a part of the gig side of testing while the others guys wring out FW at home. I'm out there every week, can afford the risk and time, and regularly dial & deploy new FW on gig day. I'm kinda doing it already, just without the feedback.

Beta testers are approached and chosen; so I can't help you there. There are NDA terms and other legalities. I have no influence nor authority on the team here or for any other company I beta test for.

I do gig test the beta's; how many gigs depends on how long the beta period is. I gig every week; often I get multiple gigs in on different versions of them and do in-depth reports after each. There are other beta team members that do also gig it too. I am far from alone; though I know I am one of the more 'outspoken' beta testers. At least in my case, I put them through the paces as extensively and critically as I can. It's more about finding issues and bugs than just 'taste testing' though if that's the impression. I tend to post my 'taste test' feelings on the forum after Cliff posts some sort of notice about the firmware; I tend to only stick to that when I post, but that's really not what beta testing is about at all.

Simply comments and observations from my point of view only. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom