Gig Set-up

I do a lot of fly dates so I set all my patches in different ways so I'm prepared for any situation
If I run a full FRFR rig on stage, then echoing OUT 1 to OUT 2 If im running a Full Range amplifier into guitar cab, then I would use the FX LOOP
and split the signal between the AMP block and the CAB block.
If I'm running a real guitar amp and cab on stage, then use the FX LOOP and split the signal before the AMP block. And run through the effects loop and front of amp (4 cable method ) I also bring a Magnum 44 power amp by Electro-Harmonix with me It's the size of a mxr phaser pedal it's 44 watts
And I use it with a 2x12 or 4x12 cab (no head) and split my signal before the cab block and run a eq and fx block run it through output 2 so I have control over the volume onstage and it doesn't effect the FOH

Just wondering how much signal to send to FOH out of #1. I have been sending about from 9 -12 O'clock out to the board. Is there an optimum send level? I have a Presonus board and seem to be getting plenty of signal, just wondering if there is an optimum signal level coming out?

I've played a bunch of different venues and I generally am in the 9-10 O'clock range and with plenty of signal to the desk. On stage to a Power Engine, small amp or monitor, my OUT2 is usually at 8 O'clock. Either way, always gain stage with the receiving source to be certain for the particular set-up.

Well, I went into I/O and set Echo Output 1 to Output 2. Yet I get no signal out of 2? What might I be missing? This is in my practice space. Do I have to have an XLR plugged into Output 1?? Sorry for my ignorance!

Well, I went into I/O and set Echo Output 1 to Output 2. Yet I get no signal out of 2? What might I be missing? This is in my practice space. Do I have to have an XLR plugged into Output 1?? Sorry for my ignorance!
Have you turned the "FX SEND" Level up on the front panel of the AX8?

I've read that the primary output at 100% is line level - is 0% mic? I noticed I can still hear a signal at 0%. Sorry if that's a dumb question still learning.

I've read that the primary output at 100% is line level - is 0% mic? I noticed I can still hear a signal at 0%. Sorry if that's a dumb question still learning.

0% is not completely muted (I don't think it's "mic level" either). That's by design, FAS has indicated.

Got it! I'm embarrassed to say how stupid I am. I was looking at the outputs wrong! Worked great last night! This thread is officially dead!

I'm still embarrassingly stupid and I've had this magic device a couple of years now. You'll soon get your head round it and then realise you've just scratched the surface ;)

Back
Top Bottom