Gig Set-up

Akstrat

Experienced
Just a question about how guys are running the AX8 for gigs with a FRFR monitor. Is is best to run Out 2 to the FOH and out 1 to my RCF? Or does it make a difference if I run FOH thru my monitor to the snake? I understand that if I go out of Out 2, that level would be independent of how or if I change Out 1 from my AX8?

Just one less cord to run from the front of stage back to the snake if I just use Out 1?? But it seems like this might not be the best option? If so, is there one cord that has both XLR and 1/4 to use for for Out 1 and Out 2 back to the monitor and the snake? Link? I hope this makes sense or maybe to there is a better option?

Thanks in advance!

I think you are over thinking it... I just send the 2 XLR main outs to the FOH, and one of the 1/4" main outs to my EV ZLX behind me.

independent vol control at a gig is huge. Ditching one cable is not worth losing that control. If you insist on ditching one cable yes you can go out from Ax into your frfr and use the thru out of it to the snake

I send Out1 to FOH and Out2 to my CLR on stage with me. Typically the run back to the desk is much longer than the run to my CLR. Out1 is balanced and so will benefit the longer cable run.

Independent level controls between FOH and the CLR is killer!

I understand that if I go out of Out 2, that level would be independent of how or if I change Out 1 from my AX8?
only if you set Out 2 Echo to Out 1 in the I/O Audio menu, and also have no FX Loop block in the preset.

everything you mentioned will work with the same quality of sound. it's up to you to determine what's physically best for your situation.

I send Out1 to FOH and Out2 to my CLR on stage with me. Typically the run back to the desk is much longer than the run to my CLR. Out1 is balanced and so will benefit the longer cable run.

Independent level controls between FOH and the CLR is killer!

That is a great idea! I have a Humbuster cable I will run to my RCF monitor on Out 2 and run Out 1 XLR mono to the FOH! That is a bit of a twist of what I was thinking, but will work better! Thanks for the idea!

That is a great idea! I have a Humbuster cable I will run to my RCF monitor on Out 2 and run Out 1 XLR mono to the FOH! That is a bit of a twist of what I was thinking, but will work better! Thanks for the idea!

Question: is the Humbuster cable really necessary in this situation, as opposed to a high quality TS cable?

Joe, on page 15 of the manual it talks about inserting an FX Loop in each preset to send it to Out 2? Is this the best way or to go?

Or "set Out 2 Echo to Out 1 in the I/O Audio menu"?????

Joe, on page 15 of the manual it talks about inserting an FX Loop in each preset to send it to Out 2? Is this the best way or to go?

Or "set Out 2 Echo to Out 1 in the I/O Audio menu"?????
It really depends on your needs. If you are running a full FRFR rig on stage, then echoing OUT 1 to OUT 2 works great. If you are running a Full Range amplifier into guitar cab, then I would use the FX LOOP, and split the signal between the AMP block and the CAB block. If you are running a real guitar amp and cab on stage, then use the FX LOOP and split the signal before the AMP block. The unit is really designed to meet your performance needs.

It really depends on your needs. If you are running a full FRFR rig on stage, then echoing OUT 1 to OUT 2 works great. If you are running a Full Range amplifier into guitar cab, then I would use the FX LOOP, and split the signal between the AMP block and the CAB block. If you are running a real guitar amp and cab on stage, then use the FX LOOP and split the signal before the AMP block. The unit is really designed to meet your performance needs.

Joe,

If I am only sending one cable (XLR) to FOH, and I running a 1/4" out to my FRFR monitor, what is the proper internal setting for the Outs?

Joe,

If I am only sending one cable (XLR) to FOH, and I running a 1/4" out to my FRFR monitor, what is the proper internal setting for the Outs?
There is no "right" answer. I really depends on what you effects you are running. Typically, I run stereo.

I was always under the impression that effects should not be run in stereo for live, non-seated venues. People are standing and dancing all over the place. They won't hear a balanced guitar if it's in stereo, no?

I was always under the impression that effects should not be run in stereo for live, non-seated venues. People are standing and dancing all over the place. They won't hear a balanced guitar if it's in stereo, no?
What I mean, if you are running left only(as in, run only one cable in mono), then set your outputs to stereo. If you sum L and R, and you have stereo effects running, you will have phase cancellation issues. I was not suggesting you run stereo to the PA. I hope I am being clear.

I am sure you are being clear to most, but I am dense. You are correct that I am talking about running one cable in mono. Now, just so I am clear, what is the correct setting in the AX8 so that there are no cancellation issues?

I am sure you are being clear to most, but I am dense. You are correct that I am talking about running one cable in mono. Now, just so I am clear, what is the correct setting in the AX8 so that there are no cancellation issues?

"Stereo" is the easiest option to avoid phase cancellation, even when you are running one cable in mono.

Back
Top Bottom