Gig bag with a big pocket for FM3

As the title suggests - what are the options?

I think I looked all over internet, and the closest to what I want to get is Gator Pro-Go. I would buy it right away, but not sure if FM3 will actually fit in that pocket. Do anyone of you have this gig bag to check this out?

G-PG-ELECTRIC_TOP-1024x471.jpg

Can't say for sure, but I doubt it. Best bet would be to contact Gator with the FM3's dimensions.

As the title suggests - what are the options?

I think I looked all over internet, and the closest to what I want to get is Gator Pro-Go. I would buy it right away, but not sure if FM3 will actually fit in that pocket. Do anyone of you have this gig bag to check this out?

View attachment 76531

I have a Pro-Go. And yes, the FM3 will fit. Though I'm not excited about having that much weight against the body of the guitar. Under normal circumstances, it'd be fine. But the Pro-Go is a case you can toss in the trunk of your guitar. I wouldn't be so vigorous with the FM3 in there as well.

20201220_131554.jpg

While we're talking about the Gator Pro-Go, why does the handle padding run out before the front of the handle? When you carry that bag, it tilts at an angle, and your forefinger bears 90% of the weight — and that's the only part of the handle that doesn't have any padding.

Last edited:
Another option is the Music Area WIND30. It's a superb case, but the FM3 is a very tight fit.

20201220_133557.jpg

I got one of the cheap Clearwater ones off of Amazon for £39 to save lugging my Hiscox cases about, turns out the FC6 or FM3 fit quite nicely.
Not much room left for leads etc though, and not something strong enough for heavy road use

@Rex Do you like the Music Area better than the Gator?
Yes. They're both excellent cases. But the WIND30 has rigid sides, which helps minimize stress on the neck if someone puts something on top of it. And it includes whole bunches of well-thought-out padded storage compartments. The textured outer skin looks more like a suit than a guitar case. Music Area's TANG30 is a close second, without the rigid plastic embedded in the foam sides, and with a little bit less storage.

Music Area is the best case company that no one's ever heard of. Their higher-end stuff competes favorably with any of the big players (Mono, Reunion Blues...), and in some ways is a notch better. I have three of them: a TANG30, a WIND30, and an AA31 for bass. The AA31 is an almost exact copy of the Incase case, which hasn't been manufactured in years but still commands $200+ on the used market. The Incase is my choice for the best soft-sided guitar case ever made. Built like a tank, with enough storage that you can carry a mic stand inside it, along with your guitar and a bunch of other stuff. And wickedly rigid. Here's one of mine — completely empty, mind you — with 35 lbs. of iron on top of it. Not bad for a gig bag. :)

1608781506089.png

I'm a bit of a case geek, and you got me started. :) I'm done now.

Last edited:
Yes. They're both excellent cases. But the WIND30 has rigid sides, which helps minimize stress on the neck if someone puts something on top of it. And it includes whole bunches of well-thought-out padded storage compartments. The textured outer skin looks more like a suit than a guitar case. Music Area's TANG30 is a close second, without the rigid plastic embedded in the foam sides, and with a little bit less storage.

Music Area is the best case company that no one's ever heard of. Their higher-end stuff competes favorably with any of the big players (Mono, Reunion Blues...), and in some ways is a notch better. I have three of them: a TANG30, a WIND30, and an AA31 for bass. The AA31 is an almost exact copy of the Incase case, which hasn't been manufactured in years but still commands $200+ on the used market. The Incase is my choice for the best soft-sided guitar case ever made. Built like a tank, with enough storage that you can carry a mic stand inside it, along with your guitar and a bunch of other stuff. And wickedly rigid. Here's one of mine — completely empty, mind you — with 35 lbs. of iron on top of it. Not bad for a gig bag. :)

View attachment 76685

I'm a bit of a case geek, and you got me started. :) I'm done now.
Yeah, I hadn't heard of Music Area until you mentioned it here. Looks like the WIND30 isn't part of their product lineup anymore. I've always wanted an Incase case but didn't want to pay that much for a used one, and they're kinda old now too. Since you say the AA31 is a good imitation, I'll check it out!

Yeah, I hadn't heard of Music Area until you mentioned it here. Looks like the WIND30 isn't part of their product lineup anymore. I've always wanted an Incase case but didn't want to pay that much for a used one, and they're kinda old now too. Since you say the AA31 is a good imitation, I'll check it out!
lol One of my best purchases ever was a mint-condition Incase, still in its plastic bag. Scored it for a $10 bid at shopgoodwill.com. My Music area cases were also bargains. A couple of years ago, their prices drifted downward until I finally snagged a couple of them on Amazon for less than $50 each. Then the prices shot back up, never to return.

BTW, the WIND 30 is still available from Music Area's Amazon store:

Amazon product ASIN B01N6PCKM9

lol One of my best purchases ever was a mint-condition Incase, still in its plastic bag. Scored it for a $10 bid at shopgoodwill.com. My Music area cases were also bargains. A couple of years ago, their prices drifted downward until I finally snagged a couple of them on Amazon for less than $50 each. Then the prices shot back up, never to return.

BTW, the WIND 30 is still available from Music Area's Amazon store:

Amazon product ASIN B01N6PCKM9

Thanks for posting about the WIND 30. I just ordered one! This place is dangerous for my wallet! :)

Reactions: Rex
I just went downstairs and stuffed an FM3 into the front pouch of a TANG30 case. It's tight, but it fits — and you can zip it closed. It would fit better if you removed the monkey tie-off bars. I'm not sure which of their other models would fit.

Back
Top Bottom