'Gifted' Guitarists

I m in the 'non gifted musical talent' category or I wouldn't have to work so hard just to sound musical in my execution/attempt on guitar

so many factors can be involved like well.. just to name a few

cognitive abilities like the ability to orchestrate all the skills compiled by one who amasses them, I have a friend who can remember 24 digits or letters with instant recall and a supervisor who has photographic memory, and of coarse there are many other cognitive abilities that I haven't mentioned.. I haven’t even scratched the surface of the many many of them guitar related.

I was researching violin techniques to see if there were any techniques I can acquire that would improve my motor skills..for just a brief note I found 2 interesting things..there is a test that is said to show if a individual has the structure in their hand anatomy to be able to play certain things that would be required because some people are lacking in this area of hand anatomy.

Another I found there was an age factor that when a child at an early age learns and practices a certain technique required to be able to play certain types of passages.. they can develop it if and only if at an early age they acquire the skill.. at an older age it can no longer be acquired..(in violin I had read that 200 yrs of skills or techniques have been acquired and none have been added or none have been contributed basically beyond that..there are players that would blow your socks off with phenomenal skills from composing to shredding or as they say in Hungarian violin lingo for shredding "scorching")

I have so much more I can comment on about talent/gifted if its to exist or not to exist..I ll let the jury remain out on that..I lean towards the existence of talent though IMHO

Some areas of music talents is an individuals artistry, or skills to mention a few.. hmm.. great technical skills, ability to compose great ear worms or hum the hooks stuff, project the emotions through their music no matter what the genre of music.. cause really IMHO I think the artistry lies here too.. in what ever style of music one does like in painting its the individuals ability to project in the style they are creating in..upon the observer that effectively manifests the emotion, essence, etc...even if its bubble gum 70's songs..if they make one feel that mood or essence

I m partly off topic but may prove useful or interesting..gifted is what i guess i commenting on..I rather have composed great melodies..the technical playing stuff I m very fond of, but its put to the back of the music collection because I tend to go for the melodic stuff and hooky lyric stuff..but I m big on Guitarist take n the guitar where no man (or women) has ever take n it before..but i burn out more quickly on the crazy good technical stuff..and go for the melodic song or instrumental stuff or both combined

something interesting I heard was in regards to practicing if it is true was that "Jascha Heifetz, the violinist whose name for more than half a century was synonymous with perfection of technique and musicianship" burned so many calories practicing every day that he could shed 3lbs a day ..just what I heard..I find it hard to believe..ok I have to go practice some pounds off

Back
Top Bottom