Gift of Tone #8: MARK "MOKE" PERRY (and wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dec 8)

Hey gang,

I was working crazy long hours away from home this past week (and sick as a dog), so this was my first chance to read through all of the nice comments.

I am honored and humbled to have been considered to be a part of such a diverse and talented group of artists/contributors. Some great content so far! I can't wait to see what's coming.

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday! Got a chance to try this preset out.This pitch block trick is LEGENDARY! Great work \m/
Thanks @JiveTurkey. I figured that there would obviously be some great tones in this series. Though I had no advanced knowledge of what amazing stuff was yet to come.o_O

So I figured a 'routing' solution for some of the 'only one Pitch block' discussions. I hope that it opens up others to the (maybe unconventional?) uses of the amazing tools the Cliff and Fractal Audio has provided.

I had planned on a couple more examples, but they didn't work like had hoped. And just didn't have the time to spend on them, as I was working away from home a lot during that time.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!:cool:

Thanks @JiveTurkey. I figured that there would obviously be some great tones in this series. Though I had no advanced knowledge of what amazing stuff was yet to come.o_O

So I figured a 'routing' solution for some of the 'only one Pitch block' discussions. I hope that it opens up others to the (maybe unconventional?) uses of the amazing tools the Cliff and Fractal Audio has provided.

I had planned on a couple more examples, but they didn't work like had hoped. And just didn't have the time to spend on them, as I was working away from home a lot during that time.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!:cool:
All the GoT’s each had their unique qualities and I love them all!
@Moke I particularly loved yours because not only was it cool sonically, but there was a learning aspect to it. At least for a relative newbie like myself. Seeing other ways of doing things is important. Thanks again!!👍

Here is another small 'Gift', somewhat related to the other.

A 'Plex-Delay' block that is setup to mimic a 'Dual Detune' model in the 'Pitch block set at -9 cents and +9 cents panned hard Left and Right. Frees up the Pitch block for other duties when needed.

I put it (alone) in a preset to make it easier to get it into your unit. Compatible with the FM3, FM9, and Axe-Fx III.

Copy and paste it into your preset. Or add it to your block library.

Attachments

• Moke's Plex-Delay 'Detuner'.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Here is another small 'Gift', somewhat related to the other.

A 'Plex-Delay' block that is setup to mimic a 'Detune' model in the 'Pitch block set at -9 cents and +9 cents panned hard Left and Right. Frees up the Pitch block for other duties when needed.

I put it (alone) in a preset to make it easier to get it into your unit. Compatible with the FM3, FM9, and Axe-Fx III.

Copy and paste it into your preset. Or add it to your block library.
Big time thanks! Much appreciated.👍

Some misc. info on this faux 'Dual Detune' stand-in.

I noticed that the volume of the wet signal is lower when compared to any other block. Maybe because I am only using two of the four voices selected?? (side note... it would be nice if an option for '2 Voices' was available to save a bit more CPU)

I had to set the 'Mix' higher than the Pitch block 'Dual Detune' model to get the same wet/dry balance. and increase the 'Level' to get it the overall level equal between active and bypassed.

I also had to add some Highshelf EQ in the 'Filter' tab to get the high end to feel the same between the two versions. The Spread is set to 200% to get it to sound as wide as the Pitch block 'Dual Detune'. Maybe 150% would be closer?

Back
Top Bottom