GIFT OF TONE #3: FLUFF

What is the benefit of using the Multiplexer as opposed to simply bypassing the amp (i.e. for the Clean scene)?

I have my FM9T (fw 4.02b) connected through SPDIF into my audio interface. The Fluff preset is pretty bass heavy (especially the whammy scene) and apparently causes digital clipping. Reduced the level of out blocks to 0db and everything is good now. Maybe an AxeFx3->FM9 conversion issue ? Can the AxeFx3 deal with higher output levels ?

The Axe-Fx preset is also loud. I reduced the level in both Output blocks with 5 dB.

I've gelled the most with Ryan's GOT, more so than any others. I copped his clean tone (Shiver Clean) and his cab choices for the gainey tones work perfectly in my personal setup. Much better than what I was using previously. Thanks Fluff and FAS!

The Fluff preset is pretty bass heavy
It sure is. There are significant bass bumps along with mid-scoops in the post-amp PEQ blocks as well. This might be down to the fact that Fluff also uses a 2x12 through a Powerstage, so he needs to add in a bit of "oomph" for on-stage monitoring.

I was curious about the added low end as well. So often, the fractal experts are rolling off low end in the cab blocks and with PEQs, but this preset is the exact opposite. Is there a specific reason for that? I know I’m way late, I’ve just always wondered ands forgot to ask..

it may be because of Fluff's pickups - he uses fluences, which from my experience (moderns. KSE set) werent exactly full of low end and tended to be quite 'hi-fi'. He has mentioned that on YT a few times.

I've just picked up an FM3 so will give it a try with my fluence loaded guitars to see

Back
Top Bottom