Gift of Tone #22 - JOHN PETRUCCI

When I load any of the JP delays to one of my regular presets, it is not playing the initial note when I hit a string. It is only playing back the repeat notes. Also, when I turn off the delay there is no sound coming from the preset at all. I'm using a really simple preset and when I put any other delay in there it works fine. Only the JP delays seem to be affected. Is there something simple I've missed here? I've tried changing the delay bypass mode to Mute FX in and Thru but it's not helping. Any advice would be appreciated. I've included the preset as well. Note - I'm using an LT TV Mix 7 cab as the second cab which is not included in this file.

Attachments

• IIC++ test.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
When I load any of the JP delays to one of my regular presets, it is not playing the initial note when I hit a string. It is only playing back the repeat notes. Also, when I turn off the delay there is no sound coming from the preset at all. I'm using a really simple preset and when I put any other delay in there it works fine. Only the JP delays seem to be affected. Is there something simple I've missed here? I've tried changing the delay bypass mode to Mute FX in and Thru but it's not helping. Any advice would be appreciated. I've included the preset as well. Note - I'm using an LT TV Mix 7 cab as the second cab which is not included in this file.
Sounds like the saved block was set up to be used in parallel, with mix at 100%.

Fix is either to hook it up in parallel, or lower the mix.

Sounds like the saved block was set up to be used in parallel, with mix at 100%.

Fix is either to hook it up in parallel, or lower the mix.
That fixed it. Thank you! Just curious what would be the best way to use it in series? Is there an ideal mix rate in series for a block that is setup to be used in parallel?

It's been exciting, checking first thing every day to see which artist it will be. JP delays were top of my wish list. Thank you Fractal for providing these as gifts to Fractal family members.
If it were my last minute on earth, I'd reach for a guitar, plug into my Fractal, and play my way out. Thank you Fractal for being every bit as passionate as we are, so say us all.

Just curious what would be the best way to use it in series? Is there an ideal mix rate in series for a block that is setup to be used in parallel?
Is there an ideal amount of salt to put on a steak? Nope. You use the amount of salt that pleases you.

It's the same with parallel blocks and serial blocks. Each one can be used to create a little effect or a lot. Hook it up, and set the Mix to where you like it.

That fixed it. Thank you! Just curious what would be the best way to use it in series? Is there an ideal mix rate in series for a block that is setup to be used in parallel?
Definitely a cliche “use your ears” answer.

For me when it sounds right to me, I still back off 10% because I almost always regret the levels I tend to print.

Also if you dont already know how, look into setting up blocks in parallel and what that entails. It’ll double your options instantly.

It's been exciting, checking first thing every day to see which artist it will be. JP delays were top of my wish list. Thank you Fractal for providing these as gifts to Fractal family members.
If it were my last minute on earth, I'd reach for a guitar, plug into my Fractal, and play my way out. Thank you Fractal for being every bit as passionate as we are, so say us all.
That was a really cool sentiment from you wrote in there. Many times when I’ve practiced while tired, I’ll doze off mid playing and wake up and repeat until I finally go to bed. Wouldn’t mind going out like that when it’s my time!

I can't find the updated preset, when I follow the link from the text in the Gift of Tone it just takes me to the Fractal website home page. Am I missing something?
On the fractal website, underneath #22 John Pettruci there are 4 paragraphs. In the 4th paragraph where it says "available here" highlighted in blue. click on that.

Back
Top Bottom